Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Larry or Nancy

ufobbs

Hi Larry , Question! I have the Whites 10" DD and the 12" whites 300 coils. On my MXT300.
I know the DD is a better pinpointer coil BUT if I am using a coil on the beach,Which one is better for depth
and hitting coins and rings? I found the DD does a great job on these but I am sceptical on switchging to the 300 coil for fear I may miss the rings or coins.

What is your expert opinion on which coil is best for me to use? Thanks John..............................

Hi John, I would go with the 12" on the beach unless you are hunting on or near black sand. The pinpointing should be better on the 12" conical as well as better depth and more coverage. The DD/SEF coils seems to work best in mineralized ground.

Thanks Larry, I kind of thought that might be right,but on the beach it is a long way back to my truck to change coils:lol:

So I will give the 12" coil a try. No black sand ,no minerals. Just great beach sand in the relic mode....:detecting: