Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Nokta/Makro

You have that correct Tom.
The info I got is when they will probably be at the distributor by the end of March as they will leave Makro around the 13Th as planned, but by the time they get here and get though customs it will be around the end of March when the dist has them and another 3 days to a week before the dealers will have them. Some of us would like it sooner, but we also want it to be right so we don't have to send it back for a upgrade or repair.
As far as some canceling their orders because of any delay don't have patience and wonder how they are in real detecting as it needs a lot of patience I feel. Also I notice what Southwind says is only a few really are commenting on the Racer, but then again these are the actual testers as they are not available to the public yet here in the USA. My feeling are we don't know how it will work for us and the only way is for us to use it for our hunting needs and see if it will work for us and one we will keep. The price is decent and less then the others that do the same thing, build quality is said to be excellent and seems light weight plus easy to use, so it has met most of the good qualification I want, now I will see if it will work for me and my hunting style when it gets here. I am sure we will have some that love it and some that don't that much just like any detector out there. I love my Sovereigns as they do well for me, but I know of many that really hate them too, same as the F75, or many of the different detectors. We just have to see once released here in the USA how they will work for us, some will love them, some will hate them and some will think they will work great for some area and not others and why they have a few different detectors.

Rick

I know that I promised that I wouldn't ask again, but the little boy in me is getting ansty. Last night, I heard from a reliable source that the shipment date has been moved up. Can't blame us for being excited. I have read so much and watched several videos of the Racer and I am trying to hold on by not canceling my order.
During this wait, another detector is trying to steal my heart. But since Dilek hasn't posted about another delay, I am going to stick by her post which says that they will be shipping to the US on the 13th (this Friday) or the 16th (following Monday). I may yet get to try the Racer on the old homesites far back in the woods. April 4th will put a sudden stop on 80% of my detecting. Happy Detecting to all!!! kevin

The Silver Bullet is the small coil. You really have to use it to realize just how superb that setup is. The other companies will be chasing the performance of this coil for a while. Whatever Nokta/Makro stumbled upon or did purposely with the audio and the cutting like a razor small coil, once used, it becomes obvious quickly.

I tend to agree with you Jack. In fact, you made me a believer in the small coil for the Fors Core when we talked. That's why I ordered the Racer Pro Pack......for the small coil. Happy Detecting!!!! kevin

Kevin B. said:
I know that I promised that I wouldn't ask again, but the little boy in me is getting ansty. Last night, I heard from a reliable source that the shipment date has been moved up. Can't blame us for being excited. I have read so much and watched several videos of the Racer and I am trying to hold on by not canceling my order.
During this wait, another detector is trying to steal my heart. But since Dilek hasn't posted about another delay, I am going to stick by her post which says that they will be shipping to the US on the 13th (this Friday) or the 16th (following Monday). I may yet get to try the Racer on the old homesites far back in the woods. April 4th will put a sudden stop on 80% of my detecting. Happy Detecting to all!!! kevin

Hello... just saw my name being mentioned : -)
Correct - there is currently no delays...we are actually making 2 shipments to USA - one end of this week, second next week.
Once we ship the products, it is really the distributor in control in terms of products being sent to dealers accross the country.

Thanks for the good news, DIlek. Those of us waiting for our Racers are hoping
the distributor can process them quickly and get them sent out to the dealers
from whom we ordered. We're all anxious to start using our Racers!

--Tom

The Silver Bullet is the small coil.

Not in my case. Unless there is some new technology that allows a small coil to get very deep. As far as I'm aware of, depth of coils is still regulated by size. Unless that small coil can get deeper than 6", and still maintain an accurate target ID, it would do me no good. In my city park anything 6" or less will be clad. There is a lot of iron and I'm hoping the standard coil can pull a few keepers.

Small coil is flagship deep, actually mirrors F75ltd2 with boost and 5" coil attached. Only thing the racer and small coil out separates the F75ltd2 with 5" coil attached.

Small coil is flagship deep, actually mirrors F75ltd2 with boost and 5" coil attached. Only thing the racer and small coil out separates the F75ltd2 with 5" coil attached

Depth without accurate target ID to match isn't of much use to me. Does the 6" have accurate target ID at this greater depth? I had the F75 LTD. Depth was great, target ID wasn't. Have a E-Trac with the 6" EQ2. Depth is good, target ID is good.

I have a Depthmaster gadget from the late 80's that duplicates the ability to "boost" faint signals and make them loud giving the impression of more depth. It works OK when relic hunting or hunting a clean site where you're going to dig everything, but does no good in your basic park.

Here is the old Depth Master Bluebird. It takes faint signals and boosts them to make them louder while using a limiter to keep the loud from blasting your ears. Although it was advertised to "increase depth" in fact in didn't. It only increased the volume of faint signals. In essences a volume control with a limiter. Old technology revised?

dfxdepthmaster.jpg

Depth without accurate target ID to match isn't of much use to me.

Me either......;o) We probably do the same type of hunting. Some people will love a machine others will hate it. I think it all depends on the type of hunting one does. A relic hunter may like a detector because it will go deep but a coin hunter may not like it because the ID is horrible even though it goes deep. A relic hunter may not care for an Etrac at all because they think it is too slow and nulls while most coin hunters love it for its depth and accurate ID. You have to keep in mind who it is who and what type of hunting they do when a person really starts promoting a detector........;o) What works for them may not work for someone else. I am hoping with the racer it will be able to reach a bit deeper and still have the accurate ID that some are talking about. Makro just posted some videos that look pretty promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiETqok5Uv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIcbiglLwA

Impressive videos. My question is how accurate was the target ID on those coins at depth? I guess what also matters is iron false positive. If the Racer does the same iron false positive on deep rusted iron as most others then I won't have much to gain. If it doesn't false on deep rusted iron then it could be very good.

As soon as I can get one I will do some videos with some deep coins and show the ID. Seems like no one is doing that. Bill Ladd did do one on the beach showing the ID. I think Tom said the ID got jumpy at depth.

Bill_S said:
Me either......;o) We probably do the same type of hunting. Some people will love a machine others will hate it. I think it all depends on the type of hunting one does. A relic hunter may like a detector because it will go deep but a coin hunter may not like it because the ID is horrible even though it goes deep. A relic hunter may not care for an Etrac at all because they think it is too slow and nulls while most coin hunters love it for its depth and accurate ID. You have to keep in mind who it is who and what type of hunting they do when a person really starts promoting a detector........;o)
Very correct comments about needing to understand that all of us can have different wants and needs, and that any product reviewer's comments have to be associated with the types of detecting they prefer to do.

Also correct is that some might want to get better depth while others want better dense trash handling. Some have no concern about Target ID, while others find it a more critical ingredient in making their detector choice. Sadly, in my opinion, some people put too much faith or reliance in a visual Target ID than the site allows.

Bill_S said:
What works for them may not work for someone else.
Yes indeed. But let's not forget, too, that some people might want something to work which is not possible, or they anticipate a level of performance that is not practical.

For example, we all know that good targets can be 'masked' by other good targets, or by bad targets, often even when Discriminated. because of that, we know that the trashier a site is, the more good-target masking there will be. One aspect of "target masking" is when you have desired objects that are located a little deeper than bad, often Discriminated, targets.

Quite often I read or hear people mention they want a larger-size search coil and/or more accurate visual Target ID and/or better "lock-on" to find older and deeper coins. Then they go on to describe the sites they plan to hunt as being very mineralized or, worse yet, very littered [size=small](referring to shallower-positioned trash)[/size] and especially iron based.

You just can not get depth as well as TID on deeper targets if they are too deep for ample signal to process, and especially if they are deep, yet under a lot of shallower trash with a lot of it being ferrous-based junk.

Bill_S said:
I am hoping with the racer it will be able to reach a bit deeper and still have the accurate ID that some are talking about. Makro just posted some videos that look pretty promising.
I am one who will also talk about the improved accuracy of both the FORS Co-Re and Racer at depths I find better than most of the better detectors on the market today. They were impressive enough to best my MXT All-Pro and most other models I have, have had, or have tested in recent months. That includes the likes of Fisher F19's and F75's, Teknetics T2's and Omegas [size=small](which TID better at-depth for me than their T2's),[/size] and several of the other competitor's models.

Not just with 'standard' coils but when using the different brand's smaller-than-stock search coils.

But, even though I find the Racer and FORS to ID deeper, I do not expect that performance when in a trash-filled environment. That said, I have found both of these model to excel in performance when hunting iron nail and other small iron junk with very impressive unmaking abilities. If they wouldn't have been this good, they wouldn't now be my top-two favorite all-purpose detectors. Quite impressive overall performance. :thumbup:

Monte

be sure to use a couple of competitive models with similar settings for comparison.

Monte

I believe the problem I run in to a lot is that people tend to use the generalized statement like "It has great unmasking ability" without bothering to include the part about on shallow targets. Or "It has very accurate target ID" and forget to add at 7" or less. Kind of important facts to know in my situation. As I said before our city park used to flood every 30-40 years depositing mud over the coins. We had a big one in 1965 and in 1983 I believe it was. The problem is these floods make sure any coin you recover at 6" or less WILL BE CLAD unless it was a recent drop by someone with an older coin in their change. That means to get any keepers we're looking at 7" or more. Very few detectors have a accurate target ID at that depth or the ability to accurately tell a rusted nail from a coin. To add insult to injury this 130 year old park is littered with 130 years of trash. So when I see these generalized statements like "I don't need target ID I dig it all so I don't miss anything" I just laugh. To attempt that feeble idea in this park would leave it looking like a mine field.

Nothing worse than knowing the old coins are there, but you can't reach them. I keep hoping someone will produce some new technology that will break that 10" barrier and open this park up again. So far there are only 3 detectors that I can take to this park and pull a few keepers for several hours work. That is the E-Trac, the CTX and the Deus. I have pushed the E-Trac and the CTX to the very limits of ability and now working on the Deus.

I guess I just get testy when someone makes those generalized statements which obviously leave out crucial information.

It's the audio on the deeper targets that has been mentioned by most of the guys. It is the ability of the Racer and CoRe to give the operator a blended tone, not just high or low. It has been consistent that they have been able to ID deeper good targets by the audio and haven't really relied on the TID. I don't think the audio always comes through on the videos. I put on headphones one night and noticed a lot of tones I didn't hear through my normal PC speakers. There have been more than one comment by the testers that the audio is far better in person.

It has been consistent that they have been able to ID deeper good targets by the audio and haven't really relied on the TID.

Well I hoping so. The problem is while the idea of just using audio may look good on paper, or on a post, when you're looking at a rusted nail that has been deep in the ground for 50+ years it is going to sound just like a deep coin. TTF is a joke on this type of rusted iron. I dug more iron in TTF than in multi-tone. At least in multi-tone you get used to that really high pitched tone that is pretty much always iron. The only way I can get fair odds is getting the right tone AND the right VID.