Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Oregon coinhunters

Mike T

I'm almost sold on the Etrac but I have 1 more question; will the Etrac hit a silver dime at 8" in Willamette Valley soil?

Mike T said:
I'm almost sold on the Etrac but I have 1 more question; will the Etrac hit a silver dime at 8" in Willamette Valley soil?

I would contact "skyblast". I believe he posted the question about E-Trac breakdowns. He's from Oregon, I believe. Another, I think is D&POR. He might live out there.

NebTrac

Kind of a tuff question to answer, since the soil conditions can change from site to site up and down the Willamette valley. I have hunted some areas where the soil was almost neutral, to the most absolute nastiest soil around. But, for the most part, the Etrac should be able to hit a dime @ 8" (average). I know the Explorer II detector will do it with a pretty good response.

I do hunt the valley some and as Jeff said the conditions vary so much. Sometimes my sens gets down to 7 in auto+3. Sometimes as high as 19. Soil is everything. Generally, I would say you would get a blip at 8' but not a super strong signal. Again, generally speaking there is just so much rock & minerals in the ground , it makes it tough on many occasions. In any case, the etracs a keeper for sure!