Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Ray in MO?

It is a nice machine but to early to form a solid opinion.It has enough adjustments to keep a guy tinkering for a good long while if so inclined.It is a good machine for sure but will need more time to see just how good,Ray.

Ray, I don't know if this book on the DFX would help some or not , but it does have ALLOT of really good info on the different White's DFX tweaks, and some may relate to your Vision. It's called "Digging Deeper with The DFX" by Jeff Foster. If the Vision is based on any of the old DFX technology, that book is a must have. The guy who wrote it, has since passed and it's no longer in print, but you probably could find a copy on Amazon. This guy, Jeff Foster, knew his DFX, even if I didn't have a DFX, that is by far the best metal detecting, inside knowledge book I have ever read. Check it out if you get a chance.

Guess you should get your facts straight since Jeff is very much alive and in fact is writing the book on the Vision as we speak . . . . . . had you looked on the Vision forum you would have seen his post to that effect.

So for those that are interested in his books, the DFX book is still available and the Vision book is coming out later this year.

Here's the link to his post on the subject (and no, he's not writing it from beyond the grave :laugh:)

Jeff Foster's Vision Book Post

it can probably sense and neutralize static caused by ground mineralization and ambient sources from 12" above the ground, as indicated in the user guide.

digitrich said:
Ray, I don't know if this book on the DFX would help some or not , but it does have ALLOT of really good info on the different White's DFX tweaks, and some may relate to your Vision. It's called "Digging Deeper with The DFX" by Jeff Foster. If the Vision is based on any of the old DFX technology, that book is a must have. The guy who wrote it, has since passed and it's no longer in print, but you probably could find a copy on Amazon. This guy, Jeff Foster, knew his DFX, even if I didn't have a DFX, that is by far the best metal detecting, inside knowledge book I have ever read. Check it out if you get a chance.

I've been ... um ... dieing to get a book review like that. Thanks! :unsure:

Jeff