Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for the PI detector users......

padiggin

.....I didn't want to ask this question on any of the brand name detector forums fearing all I would get is biased opinions from the forum's users, so I'll ask it here hoping to get more of an unbiased opinion: Is there that much of a difference between a White's TDI and a Minelab GPX? After reading both forums, it seems to me both are great PI detectors and both have a learning curve to them if you are not used to them. One is obviously a lot more expensive than the other, but I'm curious if spending that extra money is actually giving you that much more performance. From what I'm reading, it doesn't appear to be. But maybe those that have used both can offer up some insight and advice on this. Thanks!
Don

ML will only disc iron for a few inches -Whites is deeper on that function; Whites has manual ground balance and nails go out about 7.
TDI will classify targets into high conductors or low. You can hunt with the Whites in places ML will not even ground balance, and Whites is much better on hot rocks,
ML depending on setup will bias targets by size; set it for large gold and miss the smallest, or reverse that. ML has most shear power.
Look at the ATX too; its waterproof, powerful, does not bias nugget sizes (hit large small at same time), but iron i.d, depth is limited like ML.
Check with youtube for comparisons--also John of Edmonton on the Garrett Forums too.