Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for you Legend owners that also happen to own a Sovereign or Excal

gfatizzi

I posted this over on the Sov/Excal forum as well.
Just curious how you feel the Legend compares with the Sov/Excal, especially on a wet salt beach? How 'bout on dry land? I know the Legend will probably have better recovery speed but how does it compare depth and stability wise? The Simplex has impressed me so much that I plan on getting a Legend next Spring and was just wondering if I should still hang on to the old Sov. Your thoughts greatly appreciated.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! HH, George Fatizzi

Hang onto the Sov., you don't want to regret selling it.
Get the Legend and after you put enough time on it, you can make an educated decision yourself, now having experience using both.

I sold my sovereign gt and excal years ago. one was for land(sov)the other for beach(excal)
Each was great in what it was primarily designed for, again the sov on land/park and field and excal on the beach. They were also a bit heavy. Nice thing about the legend is its light and does well in both. If you are strictly saltwater beach hunting i would keep the excal. I don’t know anyone who used the excal on land say in the park though.
The sov did well in the field but again was a bit heavy. They are all good detectors idk if one would necessarily find alot more than the other really comes down to features imo. The legend has a bit more features than the simplex if you liked the simplex you will really like the legend. The smf with more frequencies will really help out especially on the beach.

Hang onto the Sov., you don't want to regret selling it.
Get the Legend and after you put enough time on it, you can make an educated decision yourself, now having experience using both.
Yeah I was kinda leaning that way. They don't make the Sov anymore and to me it's such a great machine. I've always felt the Sov's analog modulated audio gave a LOT of great target info. Guess that's why I've been using one for 25 years. :)

I have the Simplex and feel it's an awesome machine! I was just wondering if the Legend would replace both my Sovereign and the Simplex.
I wished i held on to all my detectors, but i really liked the older analog machines.
The legend is part of the new digital technology and many think that is the way to go. Again it comes dawn to personal preference. Hunt with whatever you enjoy using. Right mow people are getting the legend because its hard to pass up for the price. For a little more than the simplex its alot more machine.
Do I regret selling my old detectors yes, would i go back and buy them again now probably not.jmo and preference

I have both a Sovereign and an Excal…They have both paid for themselves…I also have a Legend….The Legend is a lot easier to swing because of the much lighter weight…It’s better on gold….The audio/tones on the ML’s is far superior to the Legend, but as you get older, the weight of the machine weighs heavily….literally ….The Legend is a great alternative to the ML’s…..Excals are around for sale….You don’t find many Sovereign GT’s around…Hang on to it, or sell it to me….😂