Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on 600 and "AU" code on display scren

Hotrod65

After watching my son at every hunt with his Nox 800 nail 3 times more targets than me with my Whites I joined the Nox club and got myself a 600. Assembled it last night and was pleased the shaft was solid as can be with no wobble, at least for now anyway. I do have a question for those with the 600, when I power it up, select the search mode, then noise cancel after going through all the tones the letters AU appear on the screen and stay there until I press the pinpoint button. My son's 800 does not do this, does anyone know what the AU stands for? My guess would be "Auto" but nothing noted in the manual about the AU on the screen. Just wondering if this is normal.

That's my understanding, as well. (Auto)

I think it's just there to show the 600 doesn't have the option to manually choose NC channels.

Thanks, I have to believe that is what it means. All seems like it's working just fine as I just finished my first run with it at the beach, I learned one thing I need a new sand scoop that goes deep as many of the coins I found were well over 12" down, I had to dig and dig with my old 4" scoop. I'm amazed at the number of dimes the Nox locks in on. So far quite pleased!