Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question on anderson equinox shaft

pax

does only one of the spring buttons go into the hole?the lower rod has two spring buttons ,the upper shaft has one row of holes allowing foe only one spring button to go into the the hole

Hummm... hopefully Pete will give you more. The one Pete sent me to test had like you say double button on that spring clip and each had a hole securing the lower shaft. You arent trying to put his lower into the ML upper are you?

Yes that is the way mine is and I put my control box on the forward hole. Not sure whats best for balance, may move mine around and move arm cuff holes to see which works best but its not too bad the way it is. This Anderson shaft is awesome no wobble and looks like a quality detector now. Well worth the extra money.

my question is why are there two spring buttons and only one row of holes that allow for only one spring button to go into?

Pax...... im back home now. I just checked mine to make sure...... and mine has the two button spring clip which goes into TWO rolls of holes. Im using the 2 piece. You arent using the ML upper are you? Because yes they just have one button and one hole. Ill let Pete know.

I ordered the two piece anderson shaft and the upper shaft has only one row holes going down the shaft

Early prototype shafts used 2 rows of holes while production units have single row guys...

is there any way to get a prototype upper? one spring button and a plastic screw still allows the lower rod to move, not what i was expecting.

pax said:
is there any way to get a prototype upper? one spring button and a plastic screw still allows the lower rod to move, not what i was expecting.

Pax, you say you're still getting lower shaft movement using the COMPLETE (upper & lower) Anderson shaft for the Equinox ? Mark

Mine rarely comes apart and i have a fixed length i like. If i just had one hole for the spring clip....... id drill thru to make that second hole and put a nylon bolt in it. You have to cut down wear on these CF..... sand will chew them up....... and it drives me nuts to have my coil moving.