Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on buying a Deus.

txop

I just about have made up my mine that I need(want) a Deus.

I have decided to order the number 3 setup with a 9 inch coil.

My question is what else do I need to get? I want some kind of protective cover for the remote. Any suggestions? What else would you buy if you were buying a new one?

Thanks,

Harold

I'd get the 9.5 HF elliptical. I don't see myself ever taking it off. Check on Treasure Hunting Outfitters for your Deus accessories. Andy and Charlene have it all to protect your Deus.

You can buy cover material at Wally World.

The static type that fits iPad screen will work fine.

Cut to fit size wise.

Cost about $9, will make several screen covers.

I recommend a pinpointer.

Lots of choices you have too.

Digging tool.

The Deus handbook may help you too.

Cheers.

Deus is a good unit.
Good luck.

Thanks,

I already have Andy's book. Started reading it a few days ago.

I'll take a look at his page for accessories.

Garys detecting forum in the UK has a lot of Videos showing us how to set up and get the best from the Deus.

Many of us these days dont use the black 9" coil having purchased the white H/F version.

The White H/F versions are the future with easy self replacement batteries when the time arrives.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry. :beers:

The only disadvantage to the HF coils is that you can't normalize the VDI's as you can with the LF coils. So with the HF coils when you change frequencies you are always dealing with a different set of VDI's. When you normalize with the LF coils all 4 frequencies have the same VDI set.

If it was me - I would ...

Buy a very high quality set of - full sized Headphone's - a huge plus when trying to hear the deeper faint targets - especially when back round noise is present.

Buy nylon rain and dust cover ( the cell phone cases are just to big and heavy ) for the Remote.
The nylon covers provide good protection from scratching, rain, mud, etc.- cheap insurance for a very expensive Remote - only around $20.00 - available on the internet.

Buy a Lesche Digger - they are just about indestructible !

Buy a very good Pin Pointer - you can't go wrong the the orange Garrett Pro-Pointer AT. - a good Pin Point will save you a lot of time in the field !

Keep reading Andy's book - watching Gary's video's and you might want to consider going to one of Andy's "Deus Bootcamps" in the future.

Good Hunting ! :detecting:

txop said:
I just about have made up my mine that I need(want) a Deus.

I have decided to order the number 3 setup with a 9 inch coil.

My question is what else do I need to get? I want some kind of protective cover for the remote. Any suggestions? What else would you buy if you were buying a new one?

Thanks,

Harold
Watch Garys videos on youtube better than just reading and buy your cover on ebay..

Thanks for all the comments.

I ordered the package with the LF 9" coil, remote, and backbone headphones from Richard at Backwoods today. I always try to support the Findmall sponsors plus he gave me a great trade on my Explorer SE Pro.

This package should get me going. I did order a cover for the remote off ebay.

Just watched the first 10 instructional video's of Gary. Reading Andy's book.

My machine will be here on Thursday the 7th.

I can't wait to show my wife of 44 years what she bought me for Christmas! I am fortunate that she detects with me and understands the addiction.

Is there a "what's in the box" list anywhere? I can't seem to find one. I like an arm strap and was going to order one if it's not included.

Thanks

txop said:

I ordered the package with the LF 9" coil, remote, and backbone headphones from Richard at Backwoods today. I always try to support the Findmall sponsors plus he gave me a great trade on my Explorer SE Pro.

I can't wait to show my wife of 44 years what she bought me for Christmas! I am fortunate that she detects with me and understands the addiction.

Is there a "what's in the box" list anywhere? I can't seem to find one. I like an arm strap and was going to order one if it's not included.

Thanks
nice setup I have the exact same setup put it in basic1 for starters go from there I like GM power with some tweaks

txop said:

Thanks

Your wife must be 1 in a million and love you to pieces.

Have fun with your new Xmas toy. Jerry,UK.

I'd get the Deteknix over the ear headphones.
They are for the Deus. They are wireless and have exceptional sound. Well worth the money.

One of the sponsors on the forum here, Andy Sabisch, sold me the Deus and headphones. You might PM him.

Jerry,

My wife got a laugh out of your post. She just said she has gotten use to it. Sometimes she wants to kill me. I am into motorcycles and have had over 50 since 1999. Her and I have been to almost all the lower 48. We just need 5 more states to finish it up but we have needed those for a while. Since I took early retirement in 2011 I have had to slow down a bit.

Tony,

I saw thos headphones and plan on getting a set but I want to play with it for a while. I did get a control box cover that came today. Now I just need the detector to get here. From what I have been reading I am a little concerned about EMI. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I have read. We have underground utilities here so it's hard to hunt old yards at times. The cable company will really tear up a detector. Surprisingly enough my Minelab X-Terra does great where as my Explorer SE pro was terrible. I could not even use it in my backyard. I traded it in on the Deus. The more I read Andy's book and watch videos the more excited I get. UPS truck should be here Thursday with my box! I will say I was expecting more out of Andy's book. I am pretty far into it as far as the setting and it just seems like a rehash of the instruction manual. Maybe I'll feel different once I get a little further into it.

Thanks for all you comments.