Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on changing coils

Tbone1

Only had my Deus about 3 weeks and still in learning stages. Liking it a lot but pretty sure that what is happening when changing to a different coil isn’t normal.
I have the standard 11 in lf, the 9 in hf and I just got the 9 in lf which is when I think this situation occurred.
What happens is that I can change the coil with the remote and the headphones recognize the change and everything is fine.
But after shutting down first the headphones then the remote when I go to turn the remote and headphones back on the headphones revert back to recognizing the previous coil used and I have both coils on and fighting each other.
I’m guessing it’s something I did when I added the 3rd coil but I followed the manual. Or maybe I missed something.
To fix it I’m still able to access the coil menu on the headphones and change the coil selection to what the remote has.
I’m sure it’s probably something I’ve done or haven’t done.
Any advice appreciated.
Hope this makes sense!

It sounds like when you switch to a different coil, you have to go back and adjust both the puck and the headphone on both before they will coordinate with the new coil o/w look like your doing everything fine. Remember when changing to a different LF coil, will retain the settings but not with the HF especially the VDI #s. This is why I prefer to use the LF and the HF for different types of hunting. Also if you didnt save the new added coil this would cause it but you would be able to tell by doing a coil search. Before I go out I always do a coil search to make sure I'm using the right one o/w screen will say "coil not found"

I always turn on the controller first, select the coil and then turn on the headphones.
Never had a problem

Same here. I think my issue was coming from switching from hf to lf. Or vice versa. Like LT alluded to.
I just tested switching my 2 lf coils and it worked fine without me having to manually switch coils on the headphones.
Raining like a son of a gun so just been playing around in my inner sanctum

I have found my coils on my controller have to match the number on my head phones. Example No 3 on controller has to no 3 on my head phones ?> Anyone else experience this >

the charging clip is a nuisance and needs redeign as it makes bad conection,, both deus and 3rd party clips are a pain on all coils

They certainly are!-----They need to redesign the charge clips on the older Deus & I hope there is a big improvement made in this regard on the Deus 2 that is coming out.