Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on Elliptical DD coils

NH Bob

I have been thinking about an elliptical DD coil for the E-Trac to be used in woods and cellar hole hunting. I would like something in a 5x10 or 6x11 (examples) Is there anything out there that you have tried and find works well with the Explorer/E-Trac models? They would work so much better in tight going. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thanx in advance
NH Bob

Hey Bob, I have both the 6 X 8 Butterfly as well as the Joey. I don't see much (if any) difference between them for depth, sensitivity or stability. However, the Joey is easier to glide through the weeds and crop stubble due to it having a solid bottom instead of spokes. JMHO HH Randy

Are you stuck on the elliptical, how about the S. R. stealth X5, small enough for the tight spots, great depth. Ask Jason, he has one. I like it in the brushy cellar hole areas.

That's exactly what I was looking at and was hoping the Joey was worth the money.
Thank you I am going to order one.

I have small coils but was looking for something bigger to cover more ground and still work well in stubble. Thanx for your input.