Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on GPS features of CTX...

jughed440

...can "My Places" from Google Earth be loaded into the CTX?? I usually carry a handheld GPS to mark the spots or take me right to the ones downloaded fom GE.

Well, one way would be to navigate to the locations individually in Exchange 2 then create a Waypoint, name it and create a "collection" to put it in then transfer it into your ctx that way. You could upload several (or more) of those waypoints into your ctx that way or 1 if that's all that's needed for a particular hunt.

I'm not an expert so if there is a better way I wouldn't know. But I have done this with several sites I wanted to hunt then navigate to a particular point to start my hunt.
GL!

You can go into Xchange2 and log into Google map. Now create or open a Collection and then on the Map page in Xchange2 create a WayPoint. Once that's done, edit in the Lat and Lon information of the site you want along with your identifier name, notes, etc. Once that's saved in whatever Collection you want, you can drag and drop it into the CTX.

thanks for the info!!

I have many waypoints saved on Google Earth and have transferred them to a Garmin GPS...just wondering if those same waypoints can be loaded into a CTX. They are "kmz" type files.