Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on ground balance?

Rick73

I went out for the first time today with my new Xp Deus. Several programs use 90 as a preset for ground balance. When I use pumping or tracking my Deus runs between 75-77. Is this low to medium mineralization. Am I better off setting it in manual and running 90. I noticed when I would get to very high iron infestation soil the number would start pushing the upper 80's but would settle back down into the 70's when I would get out of the bad stuff.

Double check me but I read with v4.0 use of tracking was working well for several folks.....

Jim

I've used tracking mostly all the time with v3.2 try it and keep an eye in it to see how much the mineralization changes. pumping might give you better response right where you did the GB but if it goes off by 5 numbers you should GB again. after a while that gets tiring so I go to tracking. IF your area holds close to where pumping says it is, then work with that. 75-77 is low middle mineralization. you can see it on the vertical bar on the right side of the screen if in regular display mode. the higher that is means higher mineralization.

My understanding on GB is that it's really a matter of two parts , one is the type of mineralization and the other is the amount of that mineral in the ground. Higher the iron or magnetic the minerals are the higher the GB number , I have lots of iron in my ground and usually see GB numbers 88 and up so 90 works well while tracking.
The amount of those minerals is indicated by the vertical bar graph on the right side of the horse shoe display and mine often shows less than a third and sometimes no indication at all , so , while the mineral present is iron the amount of that mineral ionized and in the soil may not be that much.

The Deus tracks very well so unless I am concentrating on a very limited area where an offset in GB may help depth , I typically allow it to do what it is intended to do.

With the 4.0 update tracking was improved so as to not track off iron or targets just the ground. The G.B. # has nothing to do with mineralization that's just the ground phase number. Like Sprchng said mineralization is the bar beside your GB numbers the more black squares the more mineraliztion in your soil.

Better pay attention to which freq you use to ground balance.

Freq 4 kHz has its own setting it seems.
You set ground balance for example,using 12kh!,,you toggle to 4kha,,your ground balance setting will not be there.
And if you go in 4khz,,and toggle to the other freqs,,,again your ground glance won't carry over.

shoover said:
With the 4.0 update tracking was improved so as to not track off iron or targets just the ground. The G.B. # has nothing to do with mineralization that's just the ground phase number. Like Sprchng said mineralization is the bar beside your GB numbers the more black squares the more mineraliztion in your soil.
I

Hope it has, maybe I will go back to using tracking. I used to use it a lot , but got tired of loosing the signals trying to home in.