Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on programs

What program is better on silver park 1 or 2 field 1 or 2 on the equinox 600?
That's kind of a loaded question.... I run the Nox-600. ALLOT depends on where you hunt. In a City Park type of environment, I usually run Park-2 so I can catch the silver if it's on edge. If I'm in a more backwoods environment with very little or no iron, I'll run Field-2
But... !! in both of those two different environments, if there's iron then I will default back to Park-1 and still find silver.

I hunt in Field 2 most of the time. Like fastdraw,I will hop into Park 1 if conditions warrant it. Good luck!

You do not specify single frequency or multi for the Park and Field modes but I am going to go out on a limb and believe you are asking about Multi - frequency for each of the modes you mention. After all, I feel this is the main reason most purchase the Equinox. I primarily use Park1 Multi and I have had tremendous success in finding silver. Others will give their experience of what works for them. In the end Its best to find a target that you feel is silver (ex. a silver dime for me usually comes in at a TID of 26) then switch modes in multi-mode and see how each mode reacts to the potential silver target. If you are truly inclined, you can even go through all the single frequencies too. I performed a ton of testing my first season and Park1-Multi (hands down) beats the other modes you mention on deep and questionable silver targets. Field 2 comes in 2nd place. I find Park2 and Field1 absolutely useless.

I am going to throw Mkus into this conversation because he has tremendous success in finding silver with Field2. Like I mentioned above, perform testing of the different modes and then you can make a determination of what works best for you.

Park 1 Multi-IQ processes a lower frequency weighting of the multi-frequency signal, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence Park 1 is most suited for general detecting and coin hunting.

Park 2 is better suited for smaller targets and greater trash densities. It will detect a wider range of targets including low conductors (or higher frequency) targets, e.g. fine jewellery. All non-ferrous targets are accepted by default. Recovery Speed is also increased to clearly identify good targets masked by iron trash

Field 1 is for general hunting with high trash rejection. This assists in locating desired targets more easily. The default discrimination pattern is set to reject Target IDs 1 and 2 (most coke signals).

Field 2 suits locations with high target and trash densities. It will better detect small hammered coins on their edge or at greater depth. The default discrimination pattern is set to reject Target IDs 1 and 2 (most coke signals).

I hunt in Field 2 most of the time. Like fastdraw,I will hop into Park 1 if conditions warrant it. Good luck!
My preference is field 2 works great for me I use it 90% of the time 5 tones horseshoe on sensitivity 20-25.
Mark