Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on recovery speed

There sure is!!! Finding those deep whispers others have missed i have done this several times hunting along side other fast swing (recovery) detectorist and I enjoy the fact i can take my time and enjoy this wonderful hobby. Practice and you will discover how the Safari recovers targets and also try a smaller coil in a trashy site and rediscover how too find hidden targets like never befor i use a 5x8 detech dd coil. Good luck my friend hope this helps.

sasquache said:
There sure is!!! Finding those deep whispers others have missed i have done this several times hunting along side other fast swing (recovery) detectorist and I enjoy the fact i can take my time and enjoy this wonderful hobby. Practice and you will discover how the Safari recovers targets and also try a smaller coil in a trashy site and rediscover how too find hidden targets like never befor i use a 5x8 detech dd coil. Good luck my friend hope this helps.

Man, do I miss my Safari. The only reason I'm not using it is because I'm swinging a lighter machine now due to tendonitis.
But sasquache is right....move the coil slow and it will dig deep with nice tones. It was killer on separation when using it with my Detech 6x8 butterfly coil.

I noticed that sweeping slow (and that is 4/5 seconds for a sweep) can result in more(deep) finds..

Try it !

Happa54 you are correct as well my friend.

Sasquache, today I received my Minelab Safari from Richard at Backwoods Detectors. Richard made me a great deal on a nice used Safari. I'm looking forward to working with it and learn its language and what its saying. I've always enjoyed reading your posts on the Safari. Don't be surprised if I might hit you up with a question or two, but I'll try not to be a bother. Reading some of your posts helped me decide on trying the Safari, so Thank you. I have a lot to learn but I believe I'm going to like this detector once I learn it. Take care and HH.

If you have any questions just ask. A lot of smart people on this forum. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

You are welcome i really enjoy my my minelab Safari i will never sell it but i gotta say once learned there is no other detector like it. Also one must add a small coil 6 X 8 Detech or other they are essential to trashy area's and i use a 13 round detech older coil for big area's and for general the stock 11 fbs. Go slow with the Safari and use manual sensitivity go as high as you can use disc lightly and you will find treasure my friend. Good Luck and happy hunting

Thanks John and Sasquache for your replies. I can't wait to get the Safari outside and outdoors and play with it some. It is raining here at the house this morning so hopefully it will be one day next week after the weather breaks. I have learned if nothing else, that the Safari throws out quite a few different tones.......and I have a lot of homework to do. Again, Thanks for yall's help and replies.

Confetrit - welcome to Safari. Like most us, if you stick with it, Safari (along with research) will reward you with great finds.... Hopefully, you have one of the handbooks that Andy Sabisch has written to read and then read again... Lots of good videos out there. Search you tube for Minelab Safari .. and of course, Minelab ,itself. https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4068/4901-0070-1.1%20Instruction%20Manual%20Safari_Screen.pdf Looking forward to seeing some great pictures of your recoveries. HH