Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on these Beep and Digs

oldkoot

Been having a lot of fun since switching over to these Beep and Dig detectors, but I do a lot of thinking and analyzing when I am detecting, my thought process on these beep and digs makes me question why these beep and digs seem like they can distinguish a ferrous target from a non Ferrous target much easier than these newer so called top of the line whiz bang cell phones on a stick detectors, my theory is these newer cell phones on a stick there has been to much filtering added to them and all that filtering hinders the performance of these newer cell phone on a stick detectors

curious to know what others think on this

Thanks for reading and looking forward to the replies on this

I tend to agree - seems the digital stuff is much different processing the signal - even the audio to me doesn't match a good ol Beep & Dig.
And I still rather turn knob(s), swing & listen than push buttons, dive into menu's, push more buttons, stare at a display screen, push more buttons........
I'm happy even when using my ol Compadre w/5.75 - it's easy! Might not go as deep and that's fine as the older I get, the hotter the weather gets, maybe sometimes I don't feel like digging deep and on and on and on................. I'd be even happy with Tracker IV and ignore the meter which seems useless also..........
Not much now because we're approaching triple digit temps - don't be surprised if I have a Vista X in my hands come cooler fall weather............
I gotta go eat some grilled ribs now............

I tend to agree - seems the digital stuff is much different processing the signal - even the audio to me doesn't match a good ol Beep & Dig.
And I still rather turn knob(s), swing & listen than push buttons, dive into menu's, push more buttons, stare at a display screen, push more buttons........
I'm happy even when using my ol Compadre w/5.75 - it's easy! Might not go as deep and that's fine as the older I get, the hotter the weather gets, maybe sometimes I don't feel like digging deep and on and on and on................. I'd be even happy with Tracker IV and ignore the meter which seems useless also..........
Not much now because we're approaching triple digit temps - don't be surprised if I have a Vista X in my hands come cooler fall weather............
I gotta go eat some grilled ribs now............
that Vista X will surprise you just how good and how deep it sees targets and calls the target what it is Non Ferrous or ferrous at depth and amongst a bed of nails or iron, it was quite eye opening to me that's for sure.

Thats the other thing I am noticing with these beep and digs (or at least the 5 I currently own) they are even deeper in a lot of cases than these new cellphones on a stick detectors and not by just a little bit but in some cases a lot deeper and with very small coils mounted on these beep and digs, I keep carrying out my top of the line Whiz Band cell phone on a stick detectors just to make sure I am not imagining what I am seeing since switching over to these beep and digs and I keep coming to the same conclusion there is a lot to be said for a beep and dig that these new fangled cell phone on a stick just cannot match no matter how I try to adjust them they just cannot match these beep and digs, I honestly see no benefit in swinging these newer top of the line Whiz bang detectors, the most frustrating part for me is trying to figure out which beep and dig I want to use on a given day i usually end up carrying out all five plus one of the cell phones on a stick and then choose the one I want to use at that time I have come to the conclusion that I am wasting my time carrying out the newer detector simply because they under perform in the areas I detect

Oh I been following - have always been more into Beep & Dig.
Seems every time I swing a newer fangled computerized machine with loads of menu's & submenu's I can't help it thinking about one of my Tesoro machines.
I feel like use a Beep & Dig for a few hunts, maybe 4 or 5 times then use one of my VDI/TDI - as time goes thought the use of VDI/TID is getting less & less going more time Beep & Dig. Always felt happier with the Beep & Dig. So I think at this point it's going to be very seldom now running a VDI/TID - maybe just once in a while to disturb the dust, check operation - oh, the other weird thing on newer is those built in rechargeable batteries - some require an adapter to charge batteries - weird to me anyway.
I won't send my money via the PC overseas, but I'll hint to the kids, friends etc. & maybe, just maybe one way or another - I don't do any on-line banking, bill paying etc. Still cash & check year after year....

Old habbits are hard to break !….I like to listen to what my detector is telling me….Sure it’s easier to see a number come up to identify a target, but how many times has that been wrong, or so many targets under the same number…Older analog machines will tell you the difference…One of my favorite sayings that applies to technology also is “ The hurrier I go, the behinder I get “

All the new features are nice. Scouring every little patch someone might have missed with the new find Everything detector. It is great for a good many years until in the end, you find yourself with boxes full of stuff. It is then you realize it is the fun & memories that really counts.

The Real Treasure is in the Hunt...