Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on V3I

Garry

Hey guys and Gals I lived in the mother lode in Mariposa CA, and I was wondering if anyone has as much trouble with false signals as I do is it because of getting the detector properly balanced I can't understand why I find a clean area to balance it and when I get it balanced it will still give me allot of false signals I have been using Magic's program I'm wondering if it's just part of the V3I'S nature I know sometimes it will drive you crazy anyhow some good imput would be appreciated

I try to run as high rx gain as I can and have found some very good targets but seems like in order to stop all the false signals
I really have to lower the rx gain and then I know I'm really losing depth I'm still able to use the detector with the high gain but really been able
to get it stable has been a chalenge I think your right this really a highly meneralized area so either I deal with the falsing with the gain set high or lower the gain
and lose the depth

You need to give us some information to work with. Tell us what your settings are and then the sensitivity and ground probe readings.

williamsingr

What you are posting has no merit and some aftermarket coils are very good coils. V rated coils are only made by White's. Once again, refrain from posting what you do not know. Power is NOT lost by using an aftermarket coil although some loss of sensitivity may be experienced with high gain settings.

If you are using my program, then you would have the filter set at 5 band. Try increasing your filter to say 10 band and see if that helps.
Flashing is a common occurrence if you are in heavy mineralized soil or in an iron infested area. It's just like hitting a nail off to the side of it, it will give you a false.
My settings are not for every place. They are good but need to be tweaked for your area.

You could go to a near by area that you know is pretty clean and bury a coin at say.. 7 inches and go over the coin using each of the filters and see which one lets you hit on it best and without other noises.

It doesnt hurt to turn your Rx Gain down a few notches in order to stabilize your V and believe me your not losing all that much depth by doing so.

Garry said:
I can't understand why I find a clean area to balance it and when I get it balanced it will still give me allot of false signals I have been using Magic's program I'm wondering if it's just part of the V3I'S nature I know sometimes it will drive you crazy anyhow some good imput would be appreciated

No it is not the V3i's nature to give a lot of false signals if you have it properly set up. Input that would be worthwhile can only be given if you give us information. What sensitivities are you running, what are your sensitivity and ground probe readings, what coil are you using, have you tested your coil.

It is also appreciated that you follow through on your question. Don't just ask it and leave it.[attachment 228219 Untitled-1.jpg]

Rob I've been running sensitivity of 9o and I'm using double D ten inch loop that was replaced by Whites along with a complete new V3I
I think I will take Magic's suggestion and use a different filter I've been running the five band filter I think I will go to a higher filter I don't remember
what my ground probe measument were and were in the middle of a major storm right now seems like I have most of my falsing when we have wet
conditions.

First as Magic has said his program (modified Hi Pro) isn't the best program for all areas. Besides we are running the settings pretty hot. As a matter of fact it might no even be usable were you are located. That's why the information I asked for is needed. I helps to find out if it is the ground or EMI or coil.

First test the coil, you don't assume went trouble shooting.
Next load a FRESH Hi Pro program. Don't make changes yet.
Then test for EMI ( frequency zoom) change offsets if needed
Check the sensitivity Probe and make adjustments RX and disc if needed
Then check the ground (ground probe) and make filter adjustments.

I assume you are getting the falsing on the ground and not in the air.

Rob (IL) said:
First as Magic has said his program (modified Hi Pro) isn't the best program for all areas. Besides we are running the settings pretty hot. As a matter of fact it might no even be usable were you are located. That's why the information I asked for is needed. I helps to find out if it is the ground or EMI or coil.

First test the coil, you don't assume went trouble shooting.
Next load a FRESH Hi Pro program. Don't make changes yet.
Then test for EMI ( frequency zoom) change offsets if needed
Check the sensitivity Probe and make adjustments RX and disc if needed
Then check the ground (ground probe) and make filter adjustments.

I assume you are getting the falsing on the ground and not in the air.

It's a modified coin program that I use and falsing does happen sometimes because of accepting all that I do, no BC reject, and low filters
I have deep square nails give me falses a lot but I know how to tell the difference.

I get false readings always when it is not ground balanced. you have to do always do ground balance in the new area you are about to hunt and check it after a while when you see the ground changes. you also get such readings when the coil seems to be bent forward and hits the ground.

Sorry I've been slow to respond have been working the yard cleanup anyhow I check my stock D2 coil and
to a ground probe here are my findings
Vdi -93
signal strength 2.5 to 3.5
sensitivity probe 16
noise 3.5
stock D2 coil tested and is good
Let me know if I can run the low filters I have been running 5 band and rx of 12