Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question re naming of coil

Micheal_R

Staff member
I just got my new nine inch round HF coil.. I entered the serial number and it all works nicely... BUT.. when I try to give the
coil a name in the remote , all I get is 'Edit serial number'

Then I saw that I should have entered the name first...then the serial number.. Any suggestions on how to enter a name and then the serial number?

I went to an unused slot and I still get ' Edit serial number' ,,I must be doing something wrong.. Knowing me
it is something simple.. but I am too dense to figure it out

Calm seas

Micheal

Coils are entered in numerical sequence, 01,02,03,etc. Then the s/n is entered for for each numeral and saved. Check the manual u will get it.

I keep getting the 'Edit Serial Number' But not the 'Edit Name'

Micheal

In 3.2 you could name the coil eg '9 inch HF ' or some such

But now I cannot do that

Micheal

You are correct, Ver 4 has done away with naming the coil, see this summary of changes http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction%20manual/DEUS%20V4%20CORRECTIONS%20AND%20MODIFICATIONS%20UK.pdf

n/t