Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question re: pro pointer

minnixb

I purchased a pro pointer a few months back. Does it have two ways to operate?
What I mean I know to hold the power button down until I hear 2 beeps meaning it's on. However I noticed today that if I just push the power button not as hard it will work and shut off when I'm done. Is that an actual 2nd option to operate it or did I just simply manipulate the pro pointer?

When I turn on the gpp I just push the button in and let go. As far as I know there is no reason to hold it in.

Is it more efficient on the battery to leave it on while hunting or keep turning it on and off throughout hunt time?

The i've used several of the newer versions of the original Black Pro Pointer (even tried a few at a dealership) and they all worked exactly as you described.

It appears they have a "momentary ON" 2nd option. As long as you don't push down all the way you can hold it. A lot of people in different forums complained about the original for not having that ability. I don't know if Garrett intentionally modified it or they changed switch vendors and that's just the way the new switches it worked. My Black one works that way also.

If you push far enough in, the switch latches ON and you can take your finger/thumb off.

I would never leave it ON continuously.during a hunt. It will drain the battery rapidly AND it will drive you nuts. The belt holders have a rivet in the lower part (at least both of mine do) that sets the Pro Pointer off if you holster it while turned on. Garrett advertises that as a feature that warns you from accidentally holstering the pointer when it's powered on.

The switches on the Orange Pointer AT units works very differently,