Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

MARK (LI)

OK...this may sound stupid but I used Excaliburs since they were introduced about 20 years ago...About 2 years ago I got a great deal on a CTX and after much difficulty, came to realize how simply the machine can be used, albeit without getting the full benefit of he machine's capabilities, so although I have had some really good finds, I know that I missed some good stuff... a lot of guys on here did help me out, for which I say thank you again...so now my question is I read about "updates" on the forum how do I go about obtaining these updates for my machine...is it as simple as connecting to the exchange?

The last update I believe was in 2012. If you have the 'sea water' checkbox option then you have the latest. If anyone else can chime in and correct me, please do so.

CCadrin said:
The last update I believe was in 2012. If you have the 'sea water' checkbox option then you have the latest. If anyone else can chime in and correct me, please do so.

This is my understanding too.

Mark,
Everyone's answers are correct... :)

There were two (technically three) updates to the CTX.

The first was to correct a coil not found error and so was basically a bug fix.

The second added the extra features discussed here:
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/115754/ctx-3030-upgrade-brochure.pdf

Along with the afore mentioned Seawater and Pinpoint Lock feature, it added:
• Improved USB protocol interface
• WM 10 Low Battery alert added
• Target Trace transitions improved
• Quicker language reset
• Low Battery Audio and Visual synchronized
• GeoStore data deletion improvements
• Reset speed improvement
• Target ID Panel disabling implemented

The third update was not an update in the strictest sense, but a micro code update/change to allow download compatibility with a change of micro-controllers used in manufacture.
No features or operations were changed.

mike