Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

Low-Boy/LCPM

I read a lot about the quality of the nox lower rod not being built very strong. And some problems with the headphones. Is this just users that don't know what they are talking about or are there problems. You would think Minelab would address that and fix it??? I know new products seem to have more problems these days with bad coils and such..Is this just the way it is with quality control and getting a product out ASAP???

I believe that the first batch had some shaft problems which ML addressed. I haven't heard of any issues with the shaft in the later shipments.

Dean

There was apparently a bad batch of shafts, as Dean said. Folks who sent them in had them replaced by Minelab, and reports back from these folks suggest that the issue is fixed. I have zero wobble in mine -- BUT, I will say that if you forget to screw in the rod connector/cam lock/whatever, you WILL have wobble, and I wonder if SOME folks reporting shaft wobble have simply forgot to tighten/screw the rod connector.

As for the headphones, I haven't heard of issues with the Bluetooth phones that come with the 800, other than the standard "some people don't like how they sound." Everyone's ears are different, so of course you hear this with ANY set of headphones; I happen to really like the Minelab phones, but that said -- with the WM08 you can run whatever set of headphones you want (with a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter).

Steve

I agree with sgoss66. Yes there was a bad batch of rods to begin with but many people start screaming wolf when there in not one in sight. Headphones seem fine with the exception of the people that don't like them.

I think many people expect the Equinox to compete with the CTX for 40% of the price.

The biggest problem I have seen with the Equinox is people not reading the instruction manual and wonder why the detector isn't living up to expectations.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
I read a lot about the quality of the nox lower rod not being built very strong. And some problems with the headphones. Is this just users that don't know what they are talking about or are there problems. You would think Minelab would address that and fix it??? I know new products seem to have more problems these days with bad coils and such..Is this just the way it is with quality control and getting a product out ASAP???

I just got my Nox the other day. It's built very well and no problem at all with the rods.

I got my Nox a couple weeks ago and thought the shaft was fine but after 1 hunt it developed a wobble that wont go away no mater how tight the cam lock is it is still usable but pretty annoying its due to the button that you push to adjust shaft length being to small of an o.d, im going to fix it but never had an issues like this on any other machine. The headphones seem fine except the sound quality is poor.

so is this one of the machines that didn't get the new changes done or is it an ongoing prpblem