Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question

Low-Boy/LCPM

Anyone use a different detector then went to the nox? Do you find the nox to be really deep with great ID.

Hi,
you have two great detectors that make a good combo in the Impact and Deus.

I live in an area with moderate to high mineralization and I do lots of gold prospecting. So the Equinox 800 and XP ORX are my killer combination and are no brainers for VLF detecting.
Where I hunt the Nox will hit 10+" nickels, gold jewelry, lead, brass, and high conductor coins and silver jewelry and give me good solid numbers to the point that I know what I'm digging as far as low, mid or high conductor and I know over 90% of the time exactly what the target is before I dig it. With any other detector I've used here including the AT Pro, X-Terra 705, Deus, ORX, Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, MX7, F19, F75 and T2, the numbers are all over the place past 5 to 6 " (some of those listed will not detect a coin sized target past that depth here!!!!!!) and I have no clue what I'm digging or even if I should dig. I do just as well with a Vaquero or my TDI SL.

So in my area, the Nox is as deep or deeper and the numerical and tone IDs are the best I've experienced. For your area where the ground may be milder there may be little or no difference. I would check out Calabash Digger's, Square Nail Squirrel's and Gigamaster's videos for comparisons in similar dirt to yours. I love your videos too. You have made some great finds..........that $5 Gold Indian = OMG!!!!!!

Jeff

Same here as Jeff I had a Deus and Nox at the same time I sold my Deus and kept the Nox for me it's a all purpose detector good on the salt beaches and waterproof not as finicky with EMI like the Deus and I'm finding plenty with it!
Mark

When I got my equinox I tested it against my ctx.
I sold my ctx, F75 and excalibur.
In my ground as deep or deeper than ctx in Park 2.
As deep in Park 1.
I'D not any better in Park 1 than ctx.
Audio response much better in Park 2, if you have your tone breaks and volume set for it.ID much lower numbers on deep silver dimes in Park 2 than Park 1.

For me its not just the apparent abilities of the NOX , it is also the fact that I have more than one tool in the Nox . This has changed the way I detect and given me more abilities . There is no need to change to a different machine , just change the way the machine is set up for for each and every challenging condition the ground may throw at me .

The is as deep as any other detector I have used, its lighter than any other detector I've owned, and better in the trash than any other I've swung. Just the ability to have a single machine that is a light as a tesoro, fast as a deus, deep hitting silver as a CTX, and as good on the beach gold as a excal is what makes the EQX tops in my book. I really need to play with the prospecting mode more, I know its stupid sensitive but that makes it hard to use in modern areas.

Low boy, I was a bit concerned that I would miss the smart find display screen, it help me plenty of times.

I do like the NOX for depth and I’d either on or close but you still have to listen.

Tony

I still have an Xcal, Nox and MDT. The Xcal can hold its own against the Nox in the water which can be much more chatty. But .... i like the options the Nox gives me out of the water in the wet and dry sand over the Xcal. But for depth.... in and out of the water i like the MDT on gold. The Nox 800 offers those two gold modes..... so sensitivity for smaller targets is great if you dont mind going blind lol. But if you travel a good bit the Nox is truly a multi use machine...... and it is fast and light.

The equinox 800 to me is the best all around detector I have used. I have owned a few to. It handles the mineralized ground I have with ease. No false signals since getting it. Can't tell you how much trouble this has caused me in the past with other detectors, even with the deus. I'll keep mine.