Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

questions for those with time on the 800

wisconsinwalter

let me preface by saying I am more of a freshwater lake hunter. I don't like park hunting because so much time is spent digging junk versus good targets.

now with several park hunts because there is still ice on the lakes, I find the Nox fairly irritating because almost all targets fall between 12-22 TID. Also I find the 13 nickel claim is like finding gold rings. You have to dig 30 tabs to get one nickel.

i have found 30 pennies, ten dimes and one quarter. Also found an old post office button. that is the only relic so far.

to be honest, I find more with the Impact. I know my opinion is not worth much here. If you are expecting a super machine, you might be disappointed as I am. But i got it to replace an At Pro on the oldest sites in America far older than colonial.

If you have any tips besides the 10 freq trick from the guy in England, i am all ears.

[size=large]The joys of hunting in a public park....Lol Since this is a minelab forum I would say to get an etrac. You get a lot more info and the target ID's are spread out more but it's not waterproof..[/size]

i guess my point is that unless you live somewhere where the population has ben there for hundreds of years, the Nox is nothing special in a park. recommending another machine for parks makes no sense.

i asked for any tips or tricks to tighten up the 12-22 TID. I thought I was clear on not liking parks. Have to get it out somewhere to learn it while my hunting environments are still under snow and ice.

you can try old logging camps or cellar holes the frost line should be less and most likely more relics also on the 13 nickels id if it wavers from different directions its most likely junk...sorry no magic program

I still think it might be a little to early to quit on it yet.
I remember tricks we use to use on a certain machines like raising and waving the coil and listening to see if it would break up the tone little tricks like that.
Maybe the NOX has a few tricks to learn.

unfortunately the solid 13 or 13/14 has turned out to be tabs I used to be a local dealer and know how to detect.

But, I prefer water to land anyway. At least old shotgun shells are cool! LOL

Try cross checking the 12-13 signals in 5 kHz. Rolled up and broken beaver tails will get real bouncy and drop quite a bit..
Nickels will hold solid. I’m not sure this if this will hold up in real in ground scenarios but it works good in air tests..
I’m still waiting for the snow to melt to put this to a test..

Bryan

I have probably doubled my normal nickel monthly count, but I am now the sole owner of all the aluminum recycle business as a result of digging pull tabs. All because I am not as certain of what's a nickel, as I am with the CTX. So, I dug a lot of 12 to 14 tones and numbers. I dont know how to figure it out, maybe the tone is a bit more warbly, and the back end of it is shorter, but I need more time. I have tried the switch of freqs on targets, but again that is totally a 'subjective' point of how one person hears it, vs how another person. No matter what the solution is going to be I would bet it is going to be very subtle. If you get some hint or clue, please share it.

the Nox is nothing special in a park. recommending another machine for parks makes no sense.

It makes sense to me. If you went on a boating site and said your little four cylinder car wont pull your 21 ft boat and someone recommended you buy a truck with an 8 cylinder motor that would make sense to me. Same idea.

You’re looking for a machine that has a more intricate VID system, or at least some tricks to help identify targets.....The suggestion of an Etrac is not as bad as you think !!! It sounds like a great choice for what you’re looking for !! Some machines handle VID better than others.....The numbers for certain Gold rings,pull tabs, nickels, etc, will all fall in the same range.....It’s the nature of the beast......

If you don't like parks then don't hunt them lol. You'll find more gold jewelry in the water anyway and the EQ 800 will far outperform the AT Pro when it comes to gold. Park 2 is a good mode for freshwater hunting since you can find gold chains in Park 2 and not in any other mode except gold 1/2 but you wouldn't be using those in water anyway.