Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick first hunt with my new VG

Sand dog

Got my new VG from backwoods the other day. Had a small window of daylight to give it a try in a heavily hunted field that's been hunted hard by a detecting club for years. I detected for about 40 minutes with VG fighting the overgrowth. Scored 2 small buttons a brass rivet with some petrified leather still attached a small brass tack and a 1757 copper coin that I don't know what it is it's about the size of a silver dollar it's holed and also looks like it was made into a pin at one time. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. I can't wait to hit this field once it's plowed I have a feeling the VG will make it a new field again. I'm very impressed with the VG. Thanks

John

You have a deep machine. :) Vista series is powerful just needs to offer a bit more discrimination because we dont want to dig everything like people in Europe do. Sounds like a good field.

Awesome machine. You are going to have fun with it. 25khz will find targets that the other detectors have missed and it will punch deep into the ground as well. Congrats on the 1700's coin. Great way to start out with a new machine....Stuart

Congrats , like to get the VG to bring my hammered sites back to life ,