Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick hunt between showers

markinga

I got out this evening to a friend's house that was built in the late 1800's. I was there about an hour before the rain came and managed to get a 1907 IH. My Friend used my old DFX where the barn used to be and found a heavy brass item like a narrow bell. Maybe a candle snuffer? I'll post a pic later.

Cheers!
Mark

Still a great find!:thumbup: It's rare to find any I.H. where I live!

This is the bell like thing that my friend found on the hunt. It is about 5 inches long, hollow, and appears to be heavy cast brass. I will also post it on the Whatzit forum. It was found in an area where a barn stood. Any ideas?

Never saw a bell like that! I'm assuming it's a kind of crotal bell for cattle but just not the same shape. Does it have a hanging clanger thing (don't know what they call it)!! inside?

I have no idea what that is, but I want one. At first i thought some kind of plum bob, but it's hollow, and doesn't come to a point. I agree with gold strike, must be a bell of some sort but I've never seen one quite like that. Post it on TreasureNet, they have a wider audience with lots of guys from across the pond. Whatever it is it is very cool. I'd take something like that over a Large Cent any day, it's unique, nice find.