Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick hunt in the city park with the Racer, Deus and E-Trac

Southwind I understand what you're saying. This is one advantage the CTX brings to the table. You can leave screen open more or less and assign say just one lower tone for the (usually junk range and nickels) and then a higher tone for the (copper and silver range). Then you would hear only 2 tones and can study the higher tone targets. The etrac with open screen gives the tones (they vary as they move up in conductivity). So you would have many more tones to decipher (drive one crazy easy), and could cause a person to miss a coin.

Southwind said:
I hunt some of the trashiest parks in Chicago Dude and I run my disc. line to 28 and that is it. I do use the 4 Tones instead of Multi so maybe that helps. I been using Tone I.D. Detectors for about 16 years so maybe I'm used to all the noise. But that is the way I hunt so to each his own.

Sorry but I'm a very selective hunter. not a beep-n-dig. I'f I'm going to bend over it's going to be worth it. I did my time of digging every little peep and pop for 20 years. I'm well over it. I started using tone ID when I first got my Minelab SE roughly 15 years ago. Before that I had detectors with tone ID but never used it. I'll shoot you a video to give you an idea of just how insane running an open pattern would be in our park and then you'll can decide LOL. I get at most an hour or two to hunt when I got hunting and I'm not about to spend it chasing trash. I come home with keepers for my short time and that is how I plan it.

Like JFlynn suggest, I am a cherry picker to the max. You're welcome to walk behind me and pick up all those keepers I'm missing. It has been tried before LOL.

This is why I look forward to your posts in the future when you feel more confident in your understanding of the Racer tones and whether you can continue to adhere to this style of hunting while using it or if you will return to proven more discriminating detectors. I believe this type of high gain unit will struggle in modern trash like other high gain units----nothing is that different or it would have been commented on by qualified non biased testers. I know everyone has the "trashier park" and it's "like nothing you've ever seen before" but I'm still waiting for a demonstration of that with the internal microphone that demonstrates the nuances that allows this to be greatest thing since running water.

Sprchng,

Okay give me the name of a detector that hunts coins well in trash???
Okay give me the name of a detector that hunts coins well in nails/iron???

I use quite a few flagship detectors. The Racer with small coil is the real deal. Nokta CoRe very similar as well. The audio on these 2 monsters does lend a lot of information. TID is pretty tight too. Many times over targets tighter than etrac/CTX. Combine the intelligible tone over coins vs junk and tight TID. This sounds like a good machine for the $$$$$$$. No monkeying around with disc, recovery delay settings, freq, etc. You'll eventually see they do have advantages over many detectors for the $$$$.