Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick hunt yields bucket list coin

utmike

My wife and I did a drive into Idaho this morning to get out of the house and get some lotto tickets because there's no lottery in Utah. We have several sites along the route that have been pounded over the past two decades by us and others. One gets tilled pretty regularly during the summer for weed control. There's old school pull tabs everywhere. When we went by it, it was clear it was in the same condition as last fall and neither of us was enthusiastic about hunting it. Being my first chance to hunt anything in 2021, I turned back after driving away thinking at least I can hunt something today... This place is tough, big iron, pull tabs, modern trash, etc.. our feeling is that if you can get one old coin, it's a good hunt as it occasionally has coughed up seated, buffs, V's, Indians, old marbles and jewelry. The spot has a history of multiple old buildings. 10 minutes in, I got a 1923 buffalo which prompted my wife to join in. She got some newer coins and whatzits and we agreed to start heading for the truck. I got a solid 17 on the Nox 800 that sounded like every other tab in the lot and didn't give it much thought. I nearly walked away twice and for whatever reason didn't. Unbelievable is the only word I can think of when I saw the tiny star. Wanted to dig one for years!

Attachments

• 20210307_204558.jpg
    20210307_204558.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
  • 20210307_204622.jpg
    20210307_204622.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
3cent coin is really a neat find!!! What part of ID were you trying to come up into? Just curious.....

3cent coin is really a neat find!!! What part of ID were you trying to come up into? Just curious.....
We went to Malad. Did our hunt on the Utah side on the way home. Great pioneer history on both sides of that border!

Not been that far down! Wonder if they dropped a 3 on my side the line 🧐🙄😂

Way to go!! Those little coins are extremely rare to find. A big congratulations to you!!

My wife and I did a drive into Idaho this morning to get out of the house and get some lotto tickets because there's no lottery in Utah. We have several sites along the route that have been pounded over the past two decades by us and others. One gets tilled pretty regularly during the summer for weed control. There's old school pull tabs everywhere. When we went by it, it was clear it was in the same condition as last fall and neither of us was enthusiastic about hunting it. Being my first chance to hunt anything in 2021, I turned back after driving away thinking at least I can hunt something today... This place is tough, big iron, pull tabs, modern trash, etc.. our feeling is that if you can get one old coin, it's a good hunt as it occasionally has coughed up seated, buffs, V's, Indians, old marbles and jewelry. The spot has a history of multiple old buildings. 10 minutes in, I got a 1923 buffalo which prompted my wife to join in. She got some newer coins and whatzits and we agreed to start heading for the truck. I got a solid 17 on the Nox 800 that sounded like every other tab in the lot and didn't give it much thought. I nearly walked away twice and for whatever reason didn't. Unbelievable is the only word I can think of when I saw the tiny star. Wanted to dig one for years!
Congratulations, I'm still looking!

What a find Mike! Congrats. Some of those finds pop up when you least expect them so it pays to be persistent.
Dave
Thanks Dave! It was certainly the last thing I thought was going to be under the coil.

Nice score..I’ve only ever found one 3 center myself and almost could find it in the thick mud I was digging in...ya man that’s one tough find..congrats..
That's awesome you found one as well. I struggled at first figuring where the target was in the dirt removed from the hole. The size definitely threw me off.

Very nice! I would love to pull a trime out of the ground. Good work.