Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick Question

I recently bought an new detector It is a Garrett ATPro. I really like it so far, but I'm trying to adjust to the Double D coil. I find myself having trouble pin pointing with it. Any advice?

thanks

Louie

double pinpoint, do your best then step 90deg around target and pinpoint again. The DD coil is like a wiper blade through the dirt.

Sorry, but I don't use a Double D coil. I use to have one but hated it. I do remember that with mine, it pinpointed at the very top/middle of the coil instead of the center.

I would try putting a coin on the ground so you can see it and practice that way with pinpointing it.

Good luck and HH,

Nancy

I use DD on Ace 350. When in pinpoint find the loudest tone and full notches. While still holding the pinpoint button in pull straight back to you somewhat slow. When you lose about half notches mark the spot right in front of DD on the coil. (front middle of coil) Them move 90 degrees and repeat. You can also so this by sliding the coil forward instead of back.
I found that marking the spot when tone and notches dissappear was usually off.
I also use the waggle. Works great on coins. When you get a solid repeatable signal shorten and quicken your swings to a waggle where center of coil only moves 1to 2 inches across signal back and forth quickly. Then slide coil straight back till the fast repeating tone quits. Turn 90 repeat. Target should be right in front of DD again.
Also if you don't have a garret propointer get one as soon as you can. Before I do any pinpointing I swipe the propointer across the ground in area of signal. Most clad will be shallow and you can pinpoint it's location very quickly this way and bypass using the machine saving you time.
My boy and I often do the parks in this area. If you see us out, (Tall guy, 8 year old boy, with bright yellow detector) please feel free to come join us. Often do Bradley the most. Good days and bad days there but still doing well.
HH!

Thanks for the good suggestions, I will try some of these. I did by a cheap pinpointer, and it works ok, but very little range. I'm going to buy a Garrett Pinpointer soon.

thanks everyone

Louie

I am not familiar with the AT Pro but very experienced with the DD style coils. A lot of people will pinpoint off of the toe of the coil but that is not a very accurate practice, especially with targets at depth. You should be able to pinpoint right in the center of the coil just like a Concentric coil. Try putting a dime on the ground and raise your coil 4-5 inches and practice pinpointing. It shouldn't take you long to master it.