Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick Tip ~ Get In The Dew!

MickTwin

I learned something early this morning that should improve my find count. There was dew on the grass at the park I was hunting, and I was happy that I wore my waterproof duck boots.

I noticed the pattern my stock E-TRAC coil was leaving (as it brushed the top of the freshly cut grass) left an easily visible track. I know it pays to go low & slow when hunting for deep silver. My swing speed is not rushed and I try to be alert to any hint of a deep target.

That said, I noticed the arcs I was making on the grass didn't always connect... many times there was a gap between them, easily visible in the wiped dew. I realized I had been missing a lot of ground as I moved forward and had to adjust, not my swing speed, but my walking speed. I also could conveniently track where I had been (low budget CTX-3030 :smoke:)

It's so easy to see when there's dew on the grass, so use these cool mornings to check your coil swing/ground coverage - remember the waterproof shoes - and GET IN THE DEW!

Thank You

That was very alert of you to notice

I Think You Have Something There

We all know that when the ground is moist it conducts better and deeper
But know there is a method that will allow us to see our ground coverage

Well Done:thumbup: