Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

r&b ml2900 battery for etrac

Czhunter

I'll be ordering a new etrac this week and was wanting to get the ml2900 battery for it. I read a post somewhere that said your not supposed to use lithium ion batteries in it. Does anyone know for sure? Because there are lots of guys that say they use this battery and its great.

I love my RNB battery. It is nice being able to hunt for weeks (or more) without worrying if the battery is going to die.

This is a great investment.

So the post one person wrote about being too high of voltage isn't a concern? They said the factory pack is 9.6 volts and the ml2900 is 12 volts. Im not very educated when it comes to voltages and electronics.

That will give you three battery packs!
What are you going to do with three battery packs?
You will be better off buying the latest generation of eneloop rechargeables(or similar) and running those instead of alkalines and using the factory rechargeables as a backup. The eneloops will run your etrac for 20 to 25 hours of detecting. I lost my battery holder and now have the RNB which works fine and last for a long time also however by the time it dies and I have to go to the factory rechargeable , it has lost half it's charge sitting in a bucket in the back of the truck.

The RNB is a lithium hybrid. Your e-trac has a voltage regulator. The new lithium's are different than the RNB. It will cost you about 40 bucks for enough eneloops and a charger to run your machine and you can spend the money you save on a new 8x6 SEF coil which you will enjoy more than a RNB battery

I purchased one last week and it is a great accessory...I keep looking down and the battery gauge never moves...it is a amazing battery.

I didn't think you'd be able to get that many hours out of the enloops. The reason I was looking at the r&b is just because I wanted two rechargeable batteries. I read so many good things about the ml2900. Thats why I was considering it.

The technology continues to evolve and the latest generation last longer than the first couple.
Don't get me wrong , the RNBs are great but pricey. I wouldn't have acquired one had I not lost the battery holder full of eneloops but the holder itself costs $33 so it made just as much sense to get the RNB as more eneloops and a new holder and , it does last longer. However , all things considered I would wait for my factory rechargeable to begin to show signs of failing before I would buy the RNB . Having the pack with alkalines in it for a back up makes more sense than the rechargeable because of the "shelf life" of the factory rechargeable. The eneloops seem to have a better shelf life than the factory rehargeable as well. I was able to trade for the RNB so basically ended up with it for free which makes it even more enjoyable.

As a footnote , the point missed about the RNB so often is it's two hour recharge time-----that's nice!!

bskerj said:
I purchased one last week and it is a great accessory...I keep looking down and the battery gauge never moves...it is a amazing battery.

I purchased one for my E-Trac about three weeks ago. Took less than two hours to fully charge. I now have about 20 hours detecting on it and it took about 17 hours for it to drop the first bar on the battery strength gauge. At that rate if the battery's discharge is linear, I will be hunting with this thing for many more weeks before having to recharge it. Awesome battery!

Oh yeah, and I have been switching between the sef 8 x 6 and the Sunray X-8 coils with it. I am wondering if the discharge rate would be different with the stock 11 inch coil, I'll be testing that on the next full charge.

The best single purchase you can make is the RNB battery !!! I have said this on every post searching for advice on this battery. It is amazing for how long it retains a charge and holds a charge even in long waits between hunts. It is perfectly safe for the E-Trac and has proven to be amazing. What are you waiting for? It makes the hobby alot more fun.

I will be ordering my etrac within the next week. when I was reading posts about the detector I ran across that battery< and really liked the reviews. I can already tell im gonna have a long learning curve. I have owned a fisher cz3d, and I also have the cz21 for water hunting. the etrac is a different detector completely! but ive read nothing but good about it......cant wait.

Czhunter said:
I will be ordering my etrac within the next week. when I was reading posts about the detector I ran across that battery< and really liked the reviews. I can already tell im gonna have a long learning curve. I have owned a fisher cz3d, and I also have the cz21 for water hunting. the etrac is a different detector completely! but ive read nothing but good about it......cant wait.

I've been considering trying a cz3d myself because when a machine developes such a cult following there must be a reason.With Winter closing in there won't be as much hunting time so maybe in the Spring if I can find one.

I think people make the learning curve on the e-trac sound much worse than it is. Go slow and steady for week and you'll have a good handle on it.Then you'll want a small coil to go trash picking with. :)

I found LOTS of things with the 3d. I really liked the machine. I traded it to a forum member for the cz 21 only because I wanted to get into water hunting. the reason i'm getting the etrac, is like you said...if there is that much of a following, it has to be a great machine. I've read more good things about that machine than any machine out there.

sprchng said:
The technology continues to evolve and the latest generation last longer than the first couple.
Don't get me wrong , the RNBs are great but pricey. I wouldn't have acquired one had I not lost the battery holder full of eneloops but the holder itself costs $33 so it made just as much sense to get the RNB as more eneloops and a new holder and , it does last longer. However , all things considered I would wait for my factory rechargeable to begin to show signs of failing before I would buy the RNB . Having the pack with alkalines in it for a back up makes more sense than the rechargeable because of the "shelf life" of the factory rechargeable. The eneloops seem to have a better shelf life than the factory rehargeable as well. I was able to trade for the RNB so basically ended up with it for free which makes it even more enjoyable.

As a footnote , the point missed about the RNB so often is it's two hour recharge time-----that's nice!!

Also the weight of the RNB battery is the lightest compared to the stock nimh pack and the eneloops. The eneloops are lighter than stock also and they have a super shelf life. I picked up extra eneloops for using in my camera and a few other items and they are well worth the money and as you said a great option if the RNB battery is more than you would like to spend. I havent actually logged the hunt time you get out of the eneloops but right away you notice they dont drain/loose power from just sitting:thumbup:

I have an R&B for my etrac and one for my EX ES II. I have only charged my etrac pack 3 times since Jan. 2013 and it was only down 2 bars, took about an hour to fully recharge.......nge