Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

R.I.P. Two caches found???

magic

A strange thing has been happening between my girlfriend and I. I will find something and she will find the same thing or visa versa.
I found and old handle to a straight razor and a week later, she found the other half in a different location. I found a V nickel in an area that should not have any and then 10 minutes later, she finds one. Strange stuff like that.

I was out last night with my girlfriend hunting an old house that we had hunted many times before. The pickings are getting slim so we dig most everything now. I had always told her that if you ever get an overload or big iron signal at the base of an old tree to dig it because it might be a cache.

Well, she found one! It was an old tin box with 1954 on the box. She shook the box and heard something inside rattling and became very exited!
She finally pried the lid off the box and......

2010-09-24-213354.jpg

2010-09-24-213328.jpg

She found some poor kids dead parakeet! It scared her but I was laughing so hard! I told her I wanted to photograph it and I would take it back and bury it.
She was working today so I went back to the house and detected most of the day. I got four wheats and two pocket knives and a harmonica top.
Then I got a really big signal out in the middle of the yard. I started to dig and about 6 inches down I hit a piece of metal. I dug around it and discovered that it was painted red. I dug and dug and come to find out it was a tool box!
2010-09-25-175634.jpg

I thought to myself, could it be coins? maybe cash? maybe some guns?

I was so curios as to what could be in the tool box. I pried the lid off of the tool box and this is what I saw inside......

2010-09-25-175650.jpg

2010-09-25-175704.jpg

I know the picture isnt very good because its my cell phone but from what I can make out of it, It looked like a big parrot! I was disappointed that there was no treasure. I put the lid back and buried it again. Just goes to show that sometimes a big metal can or box does not always hold treasure... Thanks for looking! Hope I didn't offend anyone!

Magic, Laughed so hard!...Thats one for Whites for sure. Were you using your deep Magic Pro. I hunted today with your program, found another dime, 5 to date, Love That Program..Ron

It's getting eerie Magic.

Well that's gotta be the strangest find I've ever seen. Never would have occurred to me that you'd find some dead birds

Tis a bird of a different feather. I think you're winging it, on these finds :)

n/t

Magic,

You are a good man with your heart in the right place. That was very decent of you to re-bury the pets. Karma and the metal detecting Gods will now bring you that cache in short order. Great post!

Jack

Not the usually cache...... Especially one I would expect to see you post. The owners would be pleased to know that you buried the pets back up.

Strange things are a happenin'....lol

This brings to mind a club hunt I was in a few years back -- our club was having its monthly planted-coin hunt at a local park, but of course everyone hunts for the natural targets before and after the planted coin hunt. One of our club members got a good deep signal near some bushes in an area relatively clear of trash, so of course he had to dig. It was deeper than he had anticipated, but he persisted and finally dug up a metal box about the right size for a 5 x 7 recipe file. When he shook the box, you could hear a metallic rattle inside, and we were all anxious to see what the box contained. Couldn't get the box open. Finally he borrowed someones screwdriver and forced open the box. Inside was dirt and a metal tag from a funeral home/crematorium. We carefully re closed the box, reburied it by the bush from where it had been removed, and privately hoped we disturbed no ghosts! This is a true story of a rather frightening and disturbing incident. We had to assume that someone had buried the deceased's ashes in the park because it was a favorite pastime location for him/her during life. At least this only happened once - so far anyway...

Magic thats Cool , I wana do that!!!!! Mickfin

Keep hunting there... maybe a retired pirate lived there, AARRRRR.

Maybe next is the treasure cache!!!

J

WOW Magic,

Great job on the story telling, as well as posting the pics between, like you did. Also like that you took pics of the hole itself. Always like seeing pics in the field.

I would like to get a copy of that program as well, if possible.

Thanks for sharing
FERD

Whoooweeee, that is really weird Doug! Both of you finding similar things. very considerate and caring to re-bury.

Great story and comparsions.