Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

R.R.Key

Ohio bud

Finally able to get out and do some detecting after the Monsoons. Got 2 Rosies and a Merc yesterday. My friend got permission to a 1940"s house where were found two wheats. Looking across the street, we see the house that Columbus built when here was here, empty and derelict. The lady said that the 95 year old lived in the new house to the right and was sure she wouldn't mind if we detected. I immediately found several wheats at depths over 14 inches with the E-Trac, ending up with 12. The ground was that soft sandy loam that was just wonderful to work. I got the 2 Quarters, 1 Merc and a Rosie, along with a lead slug that has a star on one side and a 5 on the other, very lightly stamped?? What looks like a gun barrel and a RR key from the
Cleveland Southwest & Columbus RR. I called my friend over several times and he could hear the signals after I found them, but would just not slow down and ended up with one wheat. You just have to go slow and dig everything that peeps and repeats when you are working a place that old. I didn't get any coins that were really old as they must be out of range in that sandy soil. I hope to go back and give the two tone ferrous a try there. If anyone has an idea what the gun barrel thing is, let me know.

Ohio Bud

Nice finds Bud. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Nice finds, congratulations on the silver and the key is cool. -- Randy

That is a nice pile of finds. I'm assuming you did talk to the 95 year old owner before you detected her property. Otherwise not cool no matter what the other non owner told you. Right?