Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2- My new favorite weapon in the nails! :beers:

Looks like I have iron audio way too high :surprised:
Glad I wasn't wearing headphones to film the video. I would have a had headache quick ;)

Great finds Bill. I set my Iron Audio to 3. Seems to work for me. Great vid too. Keep em coming.

Bill the stuff you were digging, 3 tone, set that second tone break at 78-79, drop that iron audio to 1 or even zero. I use both zero and 1 just depending on the amount of trash. Raise that second tone break audio to 70 and the mid tone get it away from it enough to distinguish easily say 40. You were using 2 tone in the video, now go back in 3 tone and clean the place..................There's more there, a lot. Jack

Tom Slick said:
Try these setting in the nails and see how they work for you.
Three Tone
Gain 50
ID Filter 3
Notch 95
Tone Breaks 8 & 65
Tones - Low 10 hz, mid 40 hz, high 70 hz
Iron Vol. 2

Tom were you at the Riverside hunt last weekend?

Couple of questions about your settings - Why set the tone break @ 8 vs 10? Also setting the notch at 95 seems counter intuitive, but is that just to block iron wrap around?

hh,
Brian

I'll have to try 3 and see how it helps with large deep iron, or that shallow flat pesky stuff.

Jackpine Savage said:
Try iron audio at 3. Some prefer to set at 2 but I like to hear the difference between deep and shallow iron so need that extra bit of iron volume for my ears . You can't set notch below the ID filter setting. Tracking on.. I'll have to try that. Also I have been running the gain high in 3 tone. Will try 2 tone at Much lower settings than I have been using.

Thanks for the tips!

Tom

It is a way for me to know when I should increase or decrease the gain. Softer sounding grunts equals deep or small iron and I crank up the gain a bit more. There is usually a mix of the two (loud and soft grunts) so it can be a judgement call at times.

Tom