Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 notching

foxhunter

Thinking on getting the racer 2.. Wondering how far up the scale can I notch something in or out. I would like to notch in a certain item like let's say just .25 's.

foxhunter said:
Thinking on getting the racer 2.. Wondering how far up the scale can I notch something in or out. I would like to notch in a certain item like let's say just .25 's.

The Racer 2 can notch out any or all numbers all the way up to 99.
No limit.

Yes Tom is correct. You can notch out only certain numbers or actually pairs of numbers. There are 50 bars, each representing 2 numbers. Since most targets will at least bounce up and down between 2 numbers, it works out. You can wave a specific target and see what number(s) it reads and then go in and notch out those numbers.

If you go to makros site, you can download the PDF of the manual. I have them on my phone for all my detectors in case I need to reference them.
I also got them when I ordered my machines and waiting for them to arrive so I was more familiar when I received them and got out swinging quicker once they arrived.

As others have mentioned this is possible & very simple to setup like you want it...

One thing is you can only use notch above the discrimination point. If you set your discrimination at 60 you would only be able to use the notch feature on numbers higher than 60