Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

racer almost slipped into a coma:blink:

foxhunter

So all this talk about overload issues...The first time I read about this was month ago when someone on another forum had just got one and had it outside in very cold weather..Then i seen another post where I think someone left it in there car and the next morning it was in the low 30;s..taking it out he experienced overload...Now it's still cold here in Mi and my last experience with my overload issue was a cold morning..After 20 minutes of hunting it went into overload as I was just walking around to the front of the house..So this would be in an air overload...So last night I decided to do a test on mine..In the house I turned it on..worked normal other than some emi talking a bit..So I took the coil off and put it in the freezer for 3 or 4 minutes..Put it back on and wammo!! it was stuck in overload..I had to turn it off and on 3 times before it quit..So obviously this coil is going to have issues with expanding and contracting in different temps.......So anyone that has had issues think about your temperatures that you were hunting in...I had talked with someone else that tried this and they had similar results..I like the racer but this is useless to me as I hunt in 20-95 degree weather.....I hope Makro is aware of these issues...And can work this out..

Do you have a small coil or 5x10 to do same test with???

Not sure why they abandoned the EXCELLENT epoxy filled CoRe coil for the tunable 7x11 foam insert coil??

Keith

just when I was about to take the plunge I have to go and see this....

It's sounding like the same type issue White's had with the V3i and Nautilus DMC 2b.

Higher frequency machines around 15 khz can't tolerate any movement of the balance wires. I suspect they are trying to tack down the balance wire with hot glue and expanding and contraction makes it go out of balance.
We need coils that tolerate down to at least 10 but better to zero and up over 100 since a coil in the sun, on a beach etc is going to heat up.
They need a closer tolerance like the V rated coils and probably go to the solid coils like Nokta. JMHO

Jerry

I don't have that problem but if they the company does have a problem they should let all of us send in our coils for new ones and fix the problem other then that it is a nice detector i really like mine

So after doing a second test with the coil cover on..In the freezer for 7 minutes this time..Hooked it up and wammo!!!! in overload...so while it was in overload mode I took the cover off..still in overload..I turned the machine off and on 4-5 times..still in overload...so I began moving the coil wire right where it connects to the coil..It started going in and out of overload for about 30 seconds..Then it straited out..The time I took it out of the freezer from the time it quit was about 4 minutes...I see some of you have tested with freezer and not had the same issues...Thats great!! seams your coil's are all good...

I saw this issue twice last weekend. The first time it occurred I switched to my F75 to detect, and let the Racer warm up. Then the poweron saturation cleared.

The second time this occured, I switched the machine off, and removed the coil cover. Then when I powered it on, it operated as normal.

I contact Makro and they shipped me a replacement coil without hesitation. So kudos on the customer service aspect, hopefully this issue is fixed with the replacement coil and only affected a small number of coils.

This overlaod issue has nothing to do with the settings, as a matter of fact when the machine comes on in "saturation mode" I was locked out of the ability to make any menu setting changes, so it's something it's testing and fails while the machine boots up, inhibiting it from operation.