Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer vs racer 2 handgrip:detecting:

foxhunter

Hi everyone. I will b purchasing a racer 2 very soon and wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the different hand grip pitch between the two. I had the original racer a few years ago and felt it to be uncomfortable after a while. Hoping the less pitch on the racer 2 will be more comfortable. Thanks for all your impute

The Racer 2 has a much better grip, is more relaxed and not as severe as the original Racer.

The grip angle on the Racer 2 is much better, but for some, me included, the new grip is skinny. But can be easily fixed with tennis racquet tape/grip tape if you want to make it a bit thicker. Having already used the Original Racer, jumping to the Racer 2 will be very easy. It is essentially the original Racer with a whole bunch of nice features.

Gregg

At least to me, it was the texturing with the subtle finger-grooves or rolls, and it had a denser feel to it that was comfortable ..... except for the abrupt rod bend/angle.

The Racer 2, Gold Racer and now the Kruzer series, features a more traditional 'S' curve bend that I find very comfortable. The foam grip was OK but some seemed a bit squishy for me and my Racer 2 has been 'custom contoured, by Oregon Gregg with the textured and comfortable full-length rubber grip. Combined with the more gentle and 'normal' 'S' curve, the Racer 2 is a splendid detector to user.

Matter-of-fact, 'comfort' goes a long way towards making a detector 'fun' to use as well. My Impact and Multi-Kruzer are comfortable, my Relic and CoRe units provide a 'light-as-a-feather' feel even with standard or larger size ceils, and my competitor-brand Tesoro units are light and handy, and my White's MX-7s are very comfortable and the MXT Pro and XLT are not uncomfortable .... HOWEVER ... even though several detectors often travel with me, my Racer 2 w/7" Concentric coil seems to be my first-grabbed detector or the one I carry around for day-to-day travels when I only take one detector along. It is a very proven performer for any applications, and one factor of importance is that it is 'comfortable' and that's partly due to the rod bend or grip angle.

Monte