Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Railroad Relic Finds with E-Trac

dbado1

I went to one of the most iron littered spots that I know of to grind it out with the E-trac for about two hours. I figured that if I can find anything good here then I can hunt with it anywhere. I have used three different Nokta machines here including the Impact and the Garrett AT-Gold. All of these machines are supposed to be the kings of unmasking in iron littered sites...and they do well. BUT! So did the E-Trac! Rumor has it it's not supposed to be a good unit in the iron for relic hunting. I'm not so convinced of that after this hunt.

I hunted with an open screen in 2TF and 4TF with stock coil.. The machine performed very well. There are lots of hot rocks here from the track ballast and the ground is "three bar" on the Impact. Which are a couple of reasons I think the E-trac did so well. It just copes much better than a VLF in those conditions. I was recovering targets between old filled in dig holes. Targets that the other machines didn't hit. No silver this hunt, though some old silver has been recovered here. Looking forward to going back with the E-Trac.

[attachment 348758 IMG_1355.JPG] [attachment 348759 IMG_1357.JPG]

The lead box car seals have the name of the rail yard and box car number stamped in to them.

I really click with this machine. Just wish I had got one much earlier.

Dean

Once you try a small coil out there I think you will be amazed how many more targets you find between that iron. I bought a used Sun Ray X-5 about a month and a half ago and it truly has been like hunting brand new sites at the old worn out ones.

cz70pro said:
Once you try a small coil out there I think you will be amazed how many more targets you find between that iron. I bought a used Sun Ray X-5 about a month and a half ago and it truly has been like hunting brand new sites at the old worn out ones.

I should get my 6x8 SEF in the mail today. I feel like a kid at Christmas! Can't wait.

Dean

dbado1 said:
cz70pro said:

I should get my 6x8 SEF in the mail today. I feel like a kid at Christmas! Can't wait.

Dean

6X8 is a great coil too. I know what you mean about the Xmas feeling. When I first got mine, I kept asking myself why I didn't get one sooner.