Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain and the V3

Downdeep

There is a chance that I will be hunting in drizzle or light rain at the hunt coming up this weekend. It is a rain or shine event. Though I will avoid heavy rain or downpours, I'd hate to pay my money and not hunt during drizzle. How water resistant is the control pod? Suggestions for the box? Thoughts in general?
Thanks!

It is sealed with a rubber gasket. You will have no trouble.

That makes things easier. The main box, under the arm cuff. Suggestions for that?

It is also water resistant including the speaker. A small plastic bag works fine, like the ones your stuff comes in when shopping. Slide it on and tie half a knot in the front.

Hunted 2 different times in the pouring rain with mine small zip lock bag will cover pod to be safe and a gallon ziplock and some duck tape will work on V3 and mxt.

I have been caught in some heavy downpours with the V3. Clear plastic food wrap worked fine on the control box. It becomes quite messy but it does the trick!

I have hunted in a light shower many times with no protection and never had a problem. As Rob said, it is pretty well rain resistant with the headphone jack being the weakest link, but you should have had a plastic plug in there when you got it. A little extra protection will not hurt anything though. Good luck in the hunt.

What about the wireless headphones? I worry that the battery compartment isn't as water proof as the V3 itself. Maybe switch to cheap wired headphones during rain?

I don't know about the headphones, but I haven't had any problems with mine.

Thanks for all the tips guys. lets just hope they aren't needed in any case!! :detecting: