Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain covers fot the V3 head ...

Willee - Texas

Are there any covers to protect the V3 control head from rain and such?

Checked White's website under accessory's and did not see anything except a box cover.

Willee

We can't post the link, but check E-bay or someone can PM you. The display pod and box is rainproof though and the screen cover is user replaceable if you ding it. The most vulnerable spot on the detector for rain is the headphone jack and it should have a plug for it when not using corded phones. The speaker is plastic and sealed as well.

I recently ordered a control box & display set from Detecnicks Ltd out of the UK. You can view the covers on their website. They are very well made ( and made by hand I believe). The set cost me $31.00 (US) and I was able to pay via PayPal. Nice people to work with. Check them out.

If you have a recently purchased V3 you should be OK in light rain. Check to make sure that the screws holding the pod are not coming loose. This was an issue with some earlier made ones.

I used the V3 in a good soaking rain back in the Fall (not by choice...it was quite a walk back to the car). It worked fine. I wiped it down with a cloth when I got back to the car.

Larry (IL) said:
We can't post the link, but check E-bay or someone can PM you. The display pod and box is rainproof though and the screen cover is user replaceable if you ding it. The most vulnerable spot on the detector for rain is the headphone jack and it should have a plug for it when not using corded phones. The speaker is plastic and sealed as well.

Keeping a plug in there is important. Since my XLT days, I've been working up nice little plugs that are almost impossible to loose.
I came across a cupped Mercury Dime and epoxied it to the end of the plug. Lost it a couple times and found it with my box! (Lost it a third time and it's still lost.) What I then did was drilled holes in the edge of a few of them,cupped them in my drill press using a ball peen attachment, used black butyl to glue to the plug, and used a small silver box chain to attach to my rain cover. (Made quite a few and gave them away.) Still have the first one attached to my first rain cover! One of those silly little projects that I'm glad I did. Need to make up some more!

What a great idea.....:thumbup:

I sent you a PM, but I meant to tell you I like the White's box cover as well. It doesn't protect near as good, but you can't hear through the speaker with the other one. I have, AND USE both of them, depending on terrain, situation, and weather forecast!:thumbup:

OK guys I have a cheap and quick fix for this. I live at the beach and mostly do beach hunting. I was worried about the salt air alone corroding the inside of my unit. So I use a one gallon zipper lock bag to go over my box. ( it takes a minute to work the bag on right) but when you do the zip lock can be partially closed up to the cup. Then just cut a little hole in the bag for the wire. You can tape the bag to the wire with a piece of electrical tape to tighten seal.
As far as my screen I use a sandwich size zip lock bag. You can even zip lock it from either side up to your handle. Plus you can still press your buttons.
I keep extras in my car.
It works great for me. I hope this helps.

The plug trick is a good one, but most V users never take the plug out because of the WHP. Another advantage of the V

Unless you have a very early V the pod screws are no problem. All V3i upgrades get new pods with the improved system. Did you guys notice you got a new touch pad?

I've used the V in the rain quit a bit and it is well sealed.

At the beach I've used the bag trick, but I don't think the innards have to worry about the salt. The bags do make clean up better and easier. Just remember to take the rods apart and clean the connections if you want them to come apart later.

I may check out a pod cover one day just to keep my dirty hands off the touch pads.[attachment 164225 Reading.gif].....Rob

Google Detectnicks. They are in the UK but use pay pal. Their covers (one set box and meter) is 30 bucks and awesome. its far better than the one i purchased on E-bay . Detectnicks provides both a box cover and meter cover ..