Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rain/dust cover

langsy

does BH make a rain cover for the 3300 series?
if not what can i use? and will a garret cover work?

Personally, I use large clear baggies for the control head. Seal the bag opening to the stem handle with black electrical tape.

I have never seen a rain or dust covers for any BH.

i found a rain cover that fits the legacy 3300, heres the web page http://store.dmobx.com/nsearch.html type in fisher f2/f4 rain cover it fits perfectly, the ground balance knob is under the clear plastic which is good thing but have to slip my finger under the front bottom center of cover to adjust it.

Do a google search on "F2/F4 rain cover". You will pull up some companies that sell rain covers that will work for your unit. These covers work for a lot of detectors that use similar housings. I just bought one for my Garrett AT-Pro and it fits fine. I also modified one for use on my Fisher F5 by cutting holes in the plastic face so the control knobs are easily accessed.

I just normally use a large ziplock bag but will try Joe's info and see if they work better.

Karl

try using a clear plastic shower cap like some hotels/motels give to their patrons.