Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ran a few gold rings in front of the coil

bcoop

Here are the results from various sizes, shapes and karat.

12-01 gold bracelet
12-02
12-05
12-07 x 3
12-08
12-14
12-15
12-16
12-18
12-22
12-38

BCOOP

Thats why you gotta dig it.

Bill Cooper aka BCOOP

Run that one beach program You had showed me under beach program it was the second one you posted
Needs a little tweaking it needs something but can't put a finger on it dug about a pd of pulltabs today

If your hitting that many pull tabs, then you will hit gold rings. You have to remember there are probably more than 1,000 pull tabs purposely thrown down for every accidentally lost ring. If you notch out pull tabs you will miss some gold. The first time I used that program on my E-Trac I dug 14 rings in 1 week while on vacation.

BCOOP

Which program were you using the first you posted or the second you posted under beach programs

The first pattern I modified the beach program supplied on the CTX. The second one is a modified program I used on the E-Trac. You should not miss any gold rings or coins at all with either program and it will allow you to detect any good targets that may be drug down the FE scale by being deep or next to junk.

Here is the exact program I have used on my E-Trac. It came right out of Andy's book on the Explorers and E-Trac.

FE 01 to 08 is rejected to CO 40, then CO 40 to 50 is accepted FE 09 to FE 24 is all accepted. The right upper corner at FE 01 to 08 and CO 41 to 50 will allow you to detect high silver content coins and silver jewelry.

If you digging a ton of pull tabs, you can always reject those numbers they are coming in at. 12-15 12-16 12-18 or what every they are coming in at in our particular area, however you will miss the gold that would happen to come in at these numbers.

Good luck and Happy Hunting.

BCOOP

I hope someday, a revolutionary technology comes along that can tell the difference between bottle caps, pull tabs, and gold and silver. Like a combo of ground penetrating radar and coupled with the current metal detector technology. Now that would be a detector that would peak my interest.
But I am not holding my breath. But for now like all detectorists, regardless of the detector, we will continue digging tabs in order to find the gold. It is what it is.

Thanks for the great post. I will add that in the 70 plus hours with the 3030 I have notice that those drink foil circle seals ome in a 12-02 12-03 12-04 I have dug more of those in the 70 hour than I have ever dug with the GT or Excalibur. With those units you can hear the scratchy foil sound not a clean gold sound. In my eyes I see that as a problem since we make the numbers sound the way we want you just never know whats coming in the scoop. Sounds have always played an important roll in my hunting now they don't mean anything. Ya I know you can make all the 11- 12- and 13- numbers sound like a good silver hit. But that's meaningless to me! I liked the sounds that came from the targets on there own based on conductivtiy not because they are in the 11-?? Pretty sure this machine is getting benched for the beach!
IMHO BCNJ

If you run in conductive 50 tones you should get the same types of tones you were getting on the explorer and probably e-trac.

Buried Crap NJ said:
Thanks for the great post. I will add that in the 70 plus hours with the 3030 I have notice that those drink foil circle seals ome in a 12-02 12-03 12-04 I have dug more of those in the 70 hour than I have ever dug with the GT or Excalibur. With those units you can hear the scratchy foil sound not a clean gold sound. In my eyes I see that as a problem since we make the numbers sound the way we want you just never know whats coming in the scoop. Sounds have always played an important roll in my hunting now they don't mean anything. Ya I know you can make all the 11- 12- and 13- numbers sound like a good silver hit. But that's meaningless to me! I liked the sounds that came from the targets on there own based on conductivtiy not because they are in the 11-?? Pretty sure this machine is getting benched for the beach!
IMHO BCNJ

pspr said:
If you run in conductive 50 tones you should get the same types of tones you were getting on the explorer and probably e-trac.

Buried Crap NJ said:
IMHO BCNJ
I never use those machines I used the GT and Excalibur and the tones were from the targets. If they were foil you could clearly hear it drag through the sweep. Gold would be clear and strong from begging to end with no highs or lows. The CTX wil sound the tone you tell it to. I believe your correct that if I go back to 50 tones the nickles will be lower and so will gold with the silver being higher. I started with that I will go back to it. Thanks for the tip.

I have used my E-Trac for several hours on the beach and when it locked on a gold ring, I could tell by the sound it wasn't foil, it was just too smooth and solid sounding. Now using my Excalibur is a different story, you can hear more subtle changes in the tones on foil and aluminum compared to gold. If you dig enough foil and pull tabs then strike gold with the Excalibur you can sure hear the difference.

BCOOP

I'm not wearing headphones so there maybe if wearing headphone you may be able to tell the difference in the sound between pulltabs and gold I know with my Excalibur 11 you can

I never hunt without headphones, I want all ambient noise I can get blocked out. All I want to hear is the threshold and any change to it, that makes the difference in finding a deep barely detectable target and not hearing it at all. This is also where expensive headphones make a difference by delivering more true sound on detected targets.

The first year I used my E-Trac I hunted approximately 40 to 45 hrs in 6 days. I dug every signal that program responded to. I dug several pull tabs and crown caps and other junk items like drink seals etc, but as I said I also dug 14 rings. You really begin to hear the difference when your out there that much, the VID numbers are just a bonus. You find yourself hunting by ears first and a quick glance at the screen reassures.

The CTX offers so much more, you can make it a one of a kind and make it your own by setting it up exactly how you want it to respond. I know a fellow that beach hunts with an E-Trac and he rejects all coins, crown caps and pull tabs. He says he is not there for clad coins and only wants to dig the targets associated with possible gold. Rejecting penny targets and pull tabs and all coins will cause you to miss some nice gold and silver jewelry but you also don't lose time digging stuff you don't want to dig. For me, if targets are few and far between, stopping and digging a deep quarter is a welcome find over several minutes of threshold humm without a signal.

Setting up a program to eliminate coins and pull tabs and only accepting the most common gold ring signals would be a good program to use when your short on time and only want to hunt for gold rings. I just can't bring myself to do that, thinking of what I could be missing.

HH
BCOOP