Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rare 1840s U.S. Belt Buckle- A First!!!

bigchuckinva

I located this very Early war 1840s small U.S. belt buckle in unhunted civil war camp in M.D. Over 10+ plus years researching, walking woods, Fields, swamps, many other Relic Hunters gave up finding this camp over 20 + years ago and walked away. As with most unfounded or unhunted camp its exact location was way off base from written history , maps etc. In fact very bad location from any camp. The rest finds included lots bullets most 69cal round balls, 69 ca. min and over 14 different buttons, mostly New york and 3 rare N.H. button and few coins. The woods are still super thick , and hope early frost move in soon to thin overgrowth. Folks, there still unhunted camps and relics to be found, it takes tons research , and field work. And positive Attitude is must to find new sties!!!!! Chuck

O'donnel plate 521 on page322

Waist belt plate, regulation 1839 pattern, infantry enlisted, ca. 1845 - 1857

Thin letter style thought to date from mexican war period.

Thats a hell of a find.

You have found some fine relics. I am not a battlefield hunter but I am all for the preservation of precious artifacts.

Homework has paid off. Congrats.

Nice country you got down there in V. (the locals are super folks, but there are too many city types buying up the land) Love turkey hunting up in those mountains forming the Shenandoah Valley. Beautiful when the redbuds are blooming...and a gobbling bird is icing on the cake...

Best of luck.

the fenian

Very nice buckle. Sounds like you hit a gold mine.

What a find bud. Nice buckle.

n/t

I figured you found a lot of those Gray Ghost as much as you post......How about a picture of all those buttons??

Due to camp being unfounded in fact an "Virgin Camp' me and my hunting partner will not post any photos Relics such buttons or Relics that will expose the camp location until we dug site very well. Unfounded Camps are super rare to finds today's. I have Relic Hunted since 1975 and found lots neat relics from good old days. This will more likely be my last Unfounded Camp I will ever locate. I plan to write article about site in future Relic Hunting Or T:detecting:reasure Magazine, so stay tuned in future!! Chuck

What dreams are made of bud. Nice find.

This what every Relic Hunter dreams of. Yes, don't breath a word about your spot to anyone. Even some of your detecting buddies may sneak on your spot. It has happened to me.

Nice ??? But camp at "Hill Top" which was written many in my records and accounts was never found at located " Hill Top". As in many lost camps that other hunters give up years ago and never found for an good reason. The camp is no where near of names mention in records, many times the name was just used as Ref. point and camps can be miles etc.

You are right on several points. My hunting partner and myself looked for the lost NH camp back in the early 80s on a number of occasions at and around Hilltop, never found it and gave up figuring that a road or house took all or most of it out (we did get into some pickets and founds some nice relics though). Also, congrats go to you for keeping at it and finally locating the camp where nobody else thought to check out

bigchuckinva said:
Nice ??? But camp at "Hill Top" which was written many in my records and accounts was never found at located " Hill Top". As in many lost camps that other hunters give up years ago and never found for an good reason. The camp is no where near of names mention in records, many times the name was just used as Ref. point and camps can be miles etc.