Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Raw Silver..? I Don't know..??

fastdraw

Went out for about 4 hours today... and found three Clad... and this..? The VDI was from 32-38.
It very heavy.... and Found in the "Comstock" Silver load area of Nevada.
I split it in 3 pieces with my hatchet after I got home.. that's the reason there are striations in the. Metal. Is this RAW silver..? I have Zero knowledge of raw silver. Are there experts out there that can tell me how I check raw silver..? I would hate to pay somebody $50 when it's maybe only worth $100.00 or Zero.

Attachments

• 20201017_155035.jpg
    20201017_155035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
  • 20201017_155049.jpg
    20201017_155049.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 151
Went out for about 4 hours today... and found three Clad... and this..? The VDI was from 32-38.
It very heavy.... and Found in the "Comstock" Silver load area of Nevada.
I split it in 3 pieces with my hatchet after I got home.. that's the reason there are striations in the. Metal. Is this RAW silver..? I have Zero knowledge of raw silver. Are there experts out there that can tell me how I check raw silver..? I would hate to pay somebody $50 when it's maybe only worth $100.00 or Zero.
Do you have a silver tester? There is a way to test silver to find out or not if it is Silver --many people have tested coins & rings with a drop of this liquid placed in an area that isn't noticeable to ruin its value! Good Luck--Hope it is of real silver content! Ma

Has to be someone there locally or at least in NV that could at minimum tell you yes or no

That may be a mix of lead zinc don't think you could cut silver like that . try a small size piece the size of a penny and see if it still IDS the same . sube

Recommend an x-ray test (XRF Gun). try your local scrap yard or larger gold buyer.

Do you have a silver tester? There is a way to test silver to find out or not if it is Silver --many people have tested coins & rings with a drop of this liquid placed in an area that isn't noticeable to ruin its value! Good Luck--Hope it is of real silver content! Ma
I just went online and there are many Gold Silver and platinum testing kits. some of them range from 16 to $50 and I have no problem spending the money but is anybody out there have experience with some of these testing kits.

I think the Jeopardy theme song is still playing..... lol

When cleaning silver coins with aluminum foil and spit it gives off a rotten egg smell. I don't know if that would be a definitive answer it would be worth a try!
HH Jeff

So, did you ever find out if it was silver, fastdraw?

Steve
I got in my metal testing kit today and tested that hunk of metal that I found a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping was a piece of raw silver. I ran the test twice and it's coming up 50% silver...! So I'm assuming this is silver in its natural state..? and it is just refined up to a higher level.

Attachments

• 20201017_155035.jpg
    20201017_155035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
I got in my metal testing kit today and tested that hunk of metal that I found a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping was a piece of raw silver. I ran the test twice and it's coming up 50% silver...! So I'm assuming this is silver in its natural state..? and it is just refined up to a higher level.
50 - 50 chance lol
Interesting chunk!
HH Jeff

So more info needed to find out for sure just what you have?? Hopefully, silver ore which usually has quartz or rock in it?? Let us know if & when you know more concerning your nice find--this curious mind wants to know?? o_O :unsure: God Bless on a really great find!?? :thumbup: Ma