Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Equinox 600 and 800

Has anyone found a Silver Dollar with the equinox 600/800? I don't believe the detector is capable of finding one. It likes smaller items, from what I have seen.

I haven’t found a silver dollar with the EQ 800, but they air test fine for me. I live in the NW 1/4 of Missouri and with the soil here, if a target air tests okay you will get a similar response when the same target is in the ground.

Back in the days, if you lost a Dollar you lost most of your pay for the week. People would look for them for that was there food for a week. If you didn't find it someone else would.

Dont lose any sleep over it, the EQX can find silver dollar just fine. The only problem is that they are rarer than hen's teeth, because as was said above, it was a major loss and people looked for them. Plus, have ever dropped one on the ground? You can see that thing from 500 feet away in most cases. How ANY wind up under the soil is baffling. In 35 years of detecting, I have found 2.

I agree....... as rare as gold coins IMO. Another to add to your bucket list. Ive found a couple as well Jason........ of all places in the dry sand. In the military....... officers who got promoted used to hand them out.

dewcon4414 said:
I agree....... as rare as gold coins IMO. Another to add to your bucket list. Ive found a couple as well Jason........ of all places in the dry sand. In the military....... officers who got promoted used to hand them out.

Yeah, the old days... A silver dollar for a salute for the newly commissioned officer wasnt it?

As small as the $1 and $2.50 gold coins were, I really expected to have found some by now. Small enough value that they might have actually been carried, just like some people still carry $100 bills today. Tiny enough that if dropped it truly could hide in the grass and get lost.