Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re Headphone and contoller batteries.

Micheal_R

Staff member
Has anyone changed the batteries in the WS5 and/or controller? Mine are both finally showing their age and require changing. I have ordered up the batteries... But before I set to

and start to change them out, I want to know if there are any specific dos or more importantly, don'ts that I should be aware of

Many thanks

Calm seas

Micheal

I have changed them in both units, but has been a few years and their warranties were up. The battery in the remote is fairly easy . Just remove the screws on the back and pay attention when you separate the back case how things are. Snap a picture with your phone so you can recheck in case. The battery is stuck down and will have to be pried up carefully and then disconnected. Reconnect the new battery and stick back down and reassemble the back case.
The headphone battery I found was a lot of trouble and will not ever attempt that again. Pays to send it in to someone that has done it multiple times for sanity sake. LOL. I even changed the little shielded cord that goes between the ear pieces because the original one wore out and one earpiece stopped working. That was trying to wrestle a snake, but I persisted and it has worked good ever since. I would not recommend that either but I am an avid Do it yourself guy and will try anything once. I had a spool of the wire left over from my days working with transducers and sonar units for the navy's of the world before I retired.

I have changed them in both units, but has been a few years and their warranties were up. The battery in the remote is fairly easy . Just remove the screws on the back and pay attention when you separate the back case how things are. Snap a picture with your phone so you can recheck in case. The battery is stuck down and will have to be pried up carefully and then disconnected. Reconnect the new battery and stick back down and reassemble the back case.
The headphone battery I found was a lot of trouble and will not ever attempt that again. Pays to send it in to someone that has done it multiple times for sanity sake. LOL. I even changed the little shielded cord that goes between the ear pieces because the original one wore out and one earpiece stopped working. That was trying to wrestle a snake, but I persisted and it has worked good ever since. I would not recommend that either but I am an avid Do it yourself guy and will try anything once. I had a spool of the wire left over from my days working with transducers and sonar units for the navy's of the world before I retired.
Thank you very much.. In the end, I did both.. watched a couple of videos,, and most importantly,took my time

and examined everything that could possibly go wrong twice/three times.. The only really tricky part was the phones... had to make certain that the USB connection point was free.. I almost lifted the board from that

point.. then looked carefully and decided to do it correctly.

Double sided tape is invaluable too

Many thanks for the response

Micheal;

At the four year mark in the winter I just sent them in. It was far better for me to just pay the man who does it all the time. Get out there

Who do i send the coil in for battery replacement. And is there a charge, I do have a warranty on it 2 or 3 more years
Thank's

You send them into Detector . com They are the US distributor for XP Deus. Moe will take great care of you.