Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Nexus Detectors

I am looking to make contact with fellow Nexus users.

My everyday Induction Balance VLF detector is the updated Nexus MP. Nexus is a small family run company in the same mould as the Nautilus. Like the Nautilus, Nexus have produced a super deep seeking detector with good discrimination at depth in the Nexus MP.

Again, like Nautilus, Nexus doesnt advertise and their detectors are analogue with manual controls for Threshold, Sensitivity, Volume, Discrimination level and Ground Balance. In addition there are extra controls to handle severe mineralisation.

Some users may have difficulty with the Nexus if they have only used digital detectors and I would like to help anyone in this category.

I've never heard of Nexus detectors. The Detech Chaser is another detector that I thought would be getting more attention but I don't see them advertise anywhere. And very few video's in English make it hard to understand what's being said.

I use 2 Nexus machines,a Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil and also a later MP with the 8x6'',10'' and the ultra deep 14''x12'' coil,the MP is not a switch on and go machine but once mastered not many if any detector can touch them for depth,they are phenomenally deep machine.Certainly encroaching on GPX territory but with the added bonus of having full discrimination as well at the depth.

Would make a amazing CW relic machine with the large coil and also they have just released a new selection as well including DD and the long awaited Concentric coils which have amazing iron rejection capabilities,the extra large Concentric coils upto 40'' in dia will be on sale in the next few months as well.

Only 2 machines i use these days are the Deus and the Nexus MP.

The Nautilus DMC-IIB is a very good deep seeking detector (I have a collection of Nautilus detectors) and always rated it as the best but the Nexus MP is just all round better in depth, discrimination, and because it has extra controls for mineralisation can also be used on highly mineralised ground. I would think anyone who has enjoyed the use of the Nautilus will really rate the Nexus MP.

and you can get info. on the units, & Georgi at garysdetecting (UK).
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/

I had the Credo DDM, just moved it on a few weeks ago.
It just doesn't compare to more modern detectors.
It was only deeper on the largest of coins and bigger relics, on small coins etc it was very very poor and could easily call them iron.
I tested it many times along side the GM5+ and later the Rutus Alter 71.
On a Victorian penny, my soil with the 10" coil it was around 1" deeper than a GM5+ with the 12"x10" coil fitted. But at depth the GM5+ could ID the penny correctly with confidence, the Nexus couldn't, and you would have to spend ages going over and around the target to try and get a positive hit from it.
In a trashy area it was a no go, coil too big, too slow and couldn't separate anywhere near the other machines.
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground!

The Credo DDM is now the entry level machine with Nexus and cannot be compared to the updated MP which is their top of the range detector. The Credo-DDM is less than half the price of the MP.

quote=hairymonsterman]
It was only deeper on the largest of coins and bigger relics, on small coins etc it was very very poor and could easily call them iron.
On a Victorian penny, my soil with the 10" coil it was around 1" deeper than a GM5+ with the 12"x10" coil fitted. But at depth the GM5+ could ID the penny correctly with confidence, the Nexus couldn't, and you would have to spend ages going over and around the target to try and get a positive hit from it.
In a trashy area it was a no go, coil too big, too slow and couldn't separate anywhere near the other machines.
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground![/quote]

You asked for Nexus users, i didn't think you were being model specific.
Im not comparing the 2 models, just giving my opinion on a detector Nexus is asking €899 for.
Im sure the MP is deeper than the Credo, but in my opinion thats the only hand they hold, run a 'head to head' on any other aspect other than depth with the top models in their price range (€1995) and see how they fair.

Before i bought my Credo i read on Gary's forum where he said "if they were as good as claimed, everyone would own one"

filternozzle said:
The Credo DDM is now the entry level machine with Nexus and cannot be compared to the updated MP which is their top of the range detector. The Credo-DDM is less than half the price of the MP.

quote=hairymonsterman]
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground!
[/quote]

hairymonsterman said:
Im sure the MP is deeper than the Credo, but in my opinion thats the only hand they hold, run a 'head to head' on any other aspect other than depth with the top models in their price range (€1995) and see how they fair.

This is how they fair. And please don't give me the wrong programs routine as I have owned one CTX and find this video to be truthful.
CTX3030 vs MP prototype
If Nexus are only about depth as you say so be it. I found nothing useful with the common top models as they do not go much bellow the 8" mark. Besides ask any archaeologist how deep do they dig for artifacts and then compare your piece - Nexus is all about depth, but nothing else - with the reality of how deep things really are.
Nexus depth test

Monte Berry nailboard test and Nexus MP

hairymonsterman said:
Before i bought my Credo i read on Gary's forum where he said "if they were as good as claimed, everyone would own one"

This is the most common and lame excuse of a slander used by all merchants. Gary is a XP promoter. What else you think he will say? Buy Nexus???

Besides was it not the same Gary that have promoted the Nexus many years ago to be the deepest ever. Now XP are paying him to say other wise. A man who is payed to promote any specific brand can not be trusted to tell the truth about other brands, because he will be talking against his own income and livelihood.

Rolls Royce is for a fact one of the best cars to date. Do you own one?
I mean if it is this good everyone will have one, right?

hairymonsterman said:
Rolls Royce is for a fact one of the best cars to date. Do you own one?

As a matter of fact i do, thanks.

Owners of Rolls do not hang in these forums trying to slander a small niche detector brand over a 900 Euros price.
And by the way the person who opened this thread is seeking connection with fellow Nexus users, not fallen Nexus users.
If you do not own Nexus now and/or are in need of assistance you should not be here.
It is rude to spread slander without any shred of evidence.

LoL, joined today and 2 posts on one thread.
I've no beef with Nexus machines, there good at going deep, but there limited otherwise, I've no need to be buying another.
As for your other remarks, you might be surprised of the class of person that frequents forums, i feel no need to boast or quantify my wealth.
I also feel no need to post further on this subject, have fun!

hairymonsterman said:
As for your other remarks, you might be surprised of the class of person that frequents forums, i feel no need to boast or quantify my wealth.

Yes I specifically joined as I could not stand you rubbishing a well established trade mark for obvious personal reasons.
Classy people do not post like you, much less wealthy ones. So please cut the crap. We are not fools in here.

Will probably be out with the Nexus MP this weekend as i am on a pasture site for a change as the crops are in full growth at the moment and also the ground is like concrete,but pasture should hold the moisture slightly better so that at least i can get a spade into the ground,also the site is highly mineralized into the bargain,so the MP should shine through.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as the old saying goes,you dont find decent finds stuck behind a computer screen you have too be out swinging your detector ;)

Why I use the updated Nexus MP
Because discrimination between ferrous /non-ferrous AT DEPTH is my number one requirement and the Nexus MP is able to provide this better than any other detector I have used.

My second requirement is for the use of manual controls for Volume, Sensitivity, Ground Balance, Discrimination and Threshold as this gives me absolute control over the detector. The Nexus MP gives all this and more with the addition of extra controls to handle high mineralisation. This enables one to obtain the best possible performance from the detector.

My final requirement is for the detector manufacturer to produce additional coil sizes/frequencies and Nexus offer a wide range of coils giving me a choice of further flexibility.

The choice of coil combined with the manual controls and refined circuitry of the Nexus MP make this a very special machine. Its not cheap, but it is hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus who is passionate about his detectors.

Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
If he says it's a good machine I trust his judgement as he has nothing to gain.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

WARNING to prospective purchasers of the Nexus MP.

Be prepared to spend time in the field learning how to get the best performance. The MP is NOT A SWITCH ON AND GO detector. Time is required to master it completely because the MP isn't in any way automated, there are no pre-set programmes. The operator is in complete control at all times so has to know why, when and what adjustments are required at all times and how to read the audio and meter information.

For those who are prepared to give the necessary time and energy into understanding and operating the Nexus MP the reward will be a machine with outstanding performance.

stephenscool said:
Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
If he says it's a good machine I trust his judgement as he has nothing to gain.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

I fear you may have a long wait.....