Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Nexus Detectors

I have tried a lot of metal detectors- all the top brands and nothing compares to the AKA Signum MFD- I have consistently out hunted all my detecting mates for depth and finds and in my personal opinion there is nothing to touch an AKA Signum MFD.

Hammered Again said:
I have tried a lot of metal detectors- all the top brands and nothing compares to the AKA Signum MFD- I have consistently out hunted all my detecting mates for depth and finds and in my personal opinion there is nothing to touch an AKA Signum MFD.

I agree the AKA Signum is a decent detector, I owned one for nine months. However, my first requirement is depth over everything else. At the time my two working detectors being the Nautilus DMC-IIB and Minelab GPX -5000. As the AKA Signum was was unable to outperform the Nautilus or GPX I eventually moved it on but there was a lot to like about it.

I still have the Nautilus and GPX-5000 but the Nautilus has been retired as the Nexus MP eclipsed it

Hammered Again said:

In another tread just 20 days ago you also said this -

Hi all. I am selling my AKA MFD with 11" DD coil..... it has had little use and is only for sale as I need the money.

Link to your tread.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,2367682,2367682#msg-2367682

Ipooponyou said:

Hi all. I am selling my AKA MFD with 11" DD coil..... it has had little use and is only for sale as I need the money.

Link to your tread.

Yes, Correct..... I think these detectors are so good I bought my friends when he needed money to buy another car and kept it as a spare but as these are reliable, I cannot justify keeping two.

Hammered Again said:
Ipooponyou said:

Link to your tread.

Yes, Correct..... I think these detectors are so good I bought my friends when he needed money to buy another car and kept it as a spare but as these are reliable, I cannot justify keeping two.

You are off topic, this thread is with regard to Nexus detectors.

filternozzle said:
stephenscool said:
Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
If he says it's a good machine I trust his judgement as he has nothing to gain.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

I fear you may have a long wait.....

For sure, I have been watching and waiting for a couple years. If you want to play with a nexus, you gotta pay..................

stephenscool said:
Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
If he says it's a good machine I trust his judgement as he has nothing to gain.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

The reason you will probably have a long wait is because Nexus detectors are not mass produced. Each detector is carefully hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus. Each detector is built to order and generally speaking purchased by individuals who are really serious about their detecting. It is definitely not a detector for a beginner.

I do have a selection of coils for my Nexus MP ie the 13'',10'' but suprisingly enough the coil i use the most at the moment is the 8x6 coil,i will highlight the fact that i do currently have a slight problem with my right detecting wrist due to a accident years ago,so currently using light detector weight setups,but when using the smaller coil on the MP it is amazingly deep combination and great for really trashy sites that i am currently detecting on at the moment,but for open clear pasture or ploughed and rolled fields and you want pure depths that only other detectors can dream about then the 13'' coil comes out too play,actually the dimension are more like 14x12 on the 13'' coil but the depth that this thing can get is some what of an eye opener.

I also have/use the SE model with a dual 9'' coil on it and must admit i still like using that as well,the SE although is no longer in production but they do make superb relic/hoard hunters,i wont deny that they do take some time too master to get the best out of them but if you just stick with it and get the hours on the clock then you will be rewarded for sure finds wise,in the UK due to the history that we have some of best finds are still in the ground and just below the reach of almost all other everyday detectors,but this is why using such a machine can impove the odds in you favour of just reaching those desirable finds.This is the main reason i use these machines,they suit my style of detecting on my deep pasture permissions,of course we all fully understand we have to walk over the finds but if these finds are slightly deeper than most detectors can reach then just maybe a Nexus can give you that all important edge.Of course as usual this is just my personal opinion,i am not allied or paid by anyone as everything i use has been bought by me and i tell it like it is ;)

My new 11.5'' 24khz Concentric coil arrived this morning for the Nexus MP,this coil is as light as a feather for its size and when i mean light its exactly that,was only ble too get out for a few minutes doing a few test but this Nexus MP and this coil are going to be a deadly combination on trashy sites.

Will be out this weekend using this combo,as it runs @24khz it should be very good on silver hammered coins,these are the main coinage that i will be hunting as well as roman,must admit i am really looking forward on how this setup works.

I wanted to try a nexus mp but couldn't get a good price on one and there is not enough info here in the states for me to flop down that much cash on one. So I might try the cheaper detech relic striker unless a good deal comes up on a nexus.

hi! i am waiting for my secondhand coronado to arrive tomorrow,i am still a noob but saw this up for sale and grabbed it.
I only have one permission so far,and its a 26 acre orchard that has been detected in the past,hoping the nexus will grab me my first good finds!
i had been waiting for a golden mask or macro racer to come up in my small budget,but this may take lots of practice master!
Warning i will be needing some help after i test this out.......

thanks

Been out with the Nexus MP and the new 24khz Concentric coil on,this coil is crazy light weight and was in my opinion a wise move,the Low freq coils are 'OK' for real deep pasture site work for say relic/hoard hunting but i personally much prefer a high khz coil like the new Concentrics,deadly on small hammered coins especially on trash sites.I use the Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil on for deep pasture use and the MP for roman and saxon sites,but my everyday use coil will always be the Deus and also have the new HF elliptical coil on order as well,one detector with 2 coils that covers the freq range from 4khz-70khz,such a versatile detector.