Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reactivity setting and depth

Hello

From what i can make out the faster the recovery speed the less depth, so running reactivity at the lowest setting will gain more depth.How much more depth do you think you would get compared to the highest setting in normal ground conditions ?

That is the prevailing wisdom on reactivity, but I can't offer up a guess on the amount of depth loss. It will be a good test to perform once we get our hands on them.

also said in one vid that upping reactivity upped EMI so like all detectors it has limitations and so just remember to keep the feet on the ground after all that's where they will be .......

AJ

Running a slow recovery requires a slower sweep....... sometimes a fast recovery and slow sweep might get more in the pouch......much like reducing your sensitivity.

On the old whites xlt whipping the coil fast got you more depth.

Hello said:
From what i can make out the faster the recovery speed the less depth, so running reactivity at the lowest setting will gain more depth.How much more depth do you think you would get compared to the highest setting in normal ground conditions ?

The Equinox has 3 i think extra reactivity settings above the Deus .
I would think the fastest settings would be for Gold settings or some European sites looking for Hammereds and Roman/Celtic and Saxon in Iron .
On the beach and most park sites you wont need high settings i think .

If you use a low freq setting or on another machine like the Terra a low freq coil then you would use a lower reactivity to keep the depth , i would use 4 to 6 with Multi but then i will have to get my hands on 1 first and see. I mean to use mine hot.