Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Real Excalibur or fake?

kapidr

Does anyone here know how to identify a real excalibur 2 from a knock off? I remember reading excaliburs made in a certain country were better than others. Anyone have details on this? The reason I ask is I got a crazy low quote on a brand new excal 2 from an overseas seller and I want to be more educated on this before I purchase it.

I believe the early batch of Excal II's were made in Ireland (I have one) and then later (and presently), in Malaysia. What overseas seller are you looking into?

ML has posted anything about possible knocks off of the excalibur. Production was moved to Malaysia in 2009. Id have to say WHAT IF when making an overseas purchase. For the most part about any can be repaired if u get it at the right price. Hope that person is paying shipping.

Dew

I would stay away from any site that handles knock offs.If the price is too good to be true it usually is.Another problem with knock offs is when a buyer tries to sell.In the US there are patent and copy write laws that are enforced and it only take one complaint from a manufacturer .At the very best you get stuck with a copy that kind of works,and is too complicated and risky to flip..Old saying you can't cheat an honest man.

THE Person or Company HAS an ESTABLISHED P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E Reputation on the WELL Established Treasure Hunting WEBSITES!! (Old Saying) "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS"!! Les Robinson.

We hear a lot of company's over seas making fakes detectors that look like the real thing, we even seen letters from Minelab and other company's on how to tell, but some are real hard to tell and Minelab changes the codes on some of the boxes as it is a big problem for them. Most don't even work when you get them or fall apart first time you use them as they look like the real thing. If you send them in to be repaired you wont get them back either as they are black marketed detectors that copy the real manufacture and can not be returned to the owners as they are illegal.

Rick

"Most don't even work when you get them or fall apart first time you use them".... Rick which company were you talking about?:rofl: Couldnt resist that one. I seem to remember a book with the title.... Alibaba and the 40 thieves. You obviously feel uncomfortable enough to ask what people think.... that little voice is speaking to you.... listen.

Dew

Your about to be conned. I hope you didn't fall for it.!!!!

To be honest I would like to have one just to see....Anyone thinks they have got stuck with one I would like to have a chance to look at it...

OldBeechnut said:
To be honest I would like to have one just to see....Anyone thinks they have got stuck with one I would like to have a chance to look at it...

Joe - You gonna mod it? It might be worth something if you do - haha

This is a very interesting discussion.

Alibaba is a marketing site from China that links buyers and sellers for 1000s of products from manufacturers and buyers around the world.

Alibaba is very legitimate.

It is the world Market Place of more products than you can imagine.

I have placed a link to the "Excalibur Metal Detector below:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=excalibur+metal+detector

The links are very unusual in the low prices. But notice, the quantity is 5 units...

But, if Minelab manufactures the Excalibur in cheap labor country like Malaysia, who knows if these are real or counterfeit??? Or, are these units that fail quality control???

I would like to see the serial number of one of these units!

I think counterfeit is the right word. I think these are grey market units, never intended for sale in the USA.

This is why camera are so cheap in the back or photography magazines. Canon or Sony will not give any warranty on a grey market camera.

Let the buyer beware.....

I bought my Excalibur and E Trac from one Sponsors of this site. You pay a fair price, and you get a good product, with the backing of a dealer.

Stay with a Authorized Dealer. Minelab would never ever provide warranty for a grey market product.

If anyone has a real experience with one of these units, please add a message to this thread.

Craig