Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Real world battery life

My experience mirrors most here. If I’m running 4khz I can get 4-6 hrs before Lo appears. I do not backlight during the day and I run the bluetooth headphones. I’ve also discovered if Lo appears on single frequency if you switch to any of the multi freq settings the battery will go back up over the 50% mark and you can keep going. If you go back to single freq after SMF you might get another 20-30 minutes. To date I pushed the 18-20 hr mark on SMF settings, the headphones have not failed on me in the field yet.
That is somewhat encouraging. I sent an inquiry to Nokta , will relay their response if I hear back from them.

I detect public areas with people in the vicinity for the most part and detecting without headphones is #1 on the inconsiderate list. I wish I could get a set of headphones of any kind to accurately mimic the sound from the main speaker but the only ones that come close are the Sun Ray Pro Golds which are hot heavy and too sound canceling to maintain some situational awareness these days.
I guess it all depends where you are.
I try not to detect in public places when people are there. Going around people laying on the beach or their picnic party or while kids are on the tot lot is even more inconsiderate imo.
Not to mention half the people around here drive big loud pickups waving their guns around hooting and hollering and the other half are so high from weed blasting rap music so loud the ground literally shaking.
Im lucky if i can here my mental detector let alone them. I doubt they think im inconsiderate,

We have established that the legend is very thirsty for power in 4KHz. I don't believe the back light will use use any more than 10% extra power when switched on though. i always have back light on.

I think it was already established that 4khz uses more power no matter what detector you use.
Higher frequencies offer more sensitivity to small items and quicker separation in dense trash as well as extended battery operating time.
The opposite is true with the lower frequencies.
Thats the great thing about the versatility of having a detector that is both smf and vlf.
Kind of like having low gears on your car, nice to have in the event you need it but running it in low gear all the time isn’t going to get you the best gas mileage.
If you are only going to use 4khz than you are probably better getting a vlf detector with only 4khz

I think it was already established that 4khz uses more power no matter what detector you use.
Higher frequencies offer more sensitivity to small items and quicker separation in dense trash as well as extended battery operating time.
The opposite is true with the lower frequencies.
Thats the great thing about the versatility of having a detector that is both smf and vlf.